PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Weekend Mama Coat - anyone have one?

ginamlee
12-17-2003, 12:08 PM
I'm kinda surprised that I haven't read about this here before. Someone posted about it on the babywearingSWAP Yahoo group, and I had to check them out. I ended up ordering one!

They can be used during pregnancy, while wearing a baby in a sling, or as a normal coat. If you go to www.japaneseweekend.com and look under outwear, you will see it. I got the black one.

I won't be pregnant again, but I do wear Autumn a lot. And, since it can be a regular coat later, I justified it. I needed a black coat anyway...:)

Anyone have one? What do you all think of the idea?

lizamann
12-17-2003, 01:23 PM
You probably saw my post about my love-hate relationship on the babywearing group, but here's a brief summary:

Love: that it allows me to wear dd under my coat. I can't do that with my other coats. I love that it can be a regular coat without the panel. I love JW's customer service.

Hate: the darned zippers catch on the fabric fairly regularly, making it a struggle sometimes. I hate the fleece lining that grabs my sleeve and pulls it up if I forget to hold it down. And the fleece gets pilled up really quickly. I dislike that it isn't warm enough below 25 degrees or so, requiring a cardigan underneath (making for a bulky situation.) It is also darned expensive!

Overall, I guess I'm glad I have this coat, but I wish I could fix the things I dislike about it. People comment on it all the time, saying how warm and cuddly it looks for baby, and they marvel at such an invention.

ginamlee
12-17-2003, 01:38 PM
Hmmm...I missed that post on babywearingSWAP!

Thanks for the comments. The grabby fleece sounds like a pain in the behind! I will report on how I like it once I get it.

I purchased from a lady who has a small maternity boutique. She had one left and it happened to be my size. She sold it to me for $130 shipped. (I confirmed that it is the newer "slimmer fit" style currently on the JW website...)

lizamann
12-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Sorry I was unclear - my post was on the babywearing yahoo group, not the babywearing swap. If you're not on that group I recommend stearing clear unless you're independently wealthy - it's really addictive. I've bought several carriers since being on that group, and there are still more that I want. Yikes!

I hope you like it! It's the only coat I wear these days, even without baby (I've had to look for that panel insert a few times...)