PDA

View Full Version : Out-of-season question: Who makes the best solarveil sling?

ginamlee
12-19-2003, 01:35 AM
I've checked out sleepingbaby, kangarookorner and tentoes. Does anyone have a substantial preference of one over the other?

lizamann
12-19-2003, 08:38 AM
I don't think you can go wrong with any of those makers since I've only heard raves about all of them. I have a KK one that is great. I think sleeping baby is 2 layers and the others are one, but you should double check that if that matters. I personally think 1 layer is sufficient and makes it nice and cool but some may prefer the added sense of security and UV protection offered by 2.

chrissyhowie
12-20-2003, 10:18 AM
I have one made by Rev. Jan (sleepingbaby.net). It is two layers -- she uses twice the length of fabric and sews the edges together giving you finished edges on both sides of the sling. It is still very cool and lightweight since the fabric itself is so airy. If I needed another sling (and boy, do I hold myself back on this all the time!), I wouldn't hesitate on getting another one made by her (this time with a pocket!). The construction is fantastic and her prices very reasonable.

I can't compare to the other two companies, but like Beth mentioned above, it doesn't seem like you could go wrong with the great craftmanship at any of those sites. Have fun choosing!

HTH,

hellokitty
12-20-2003, 02:05 PM
I also have a sling made by Rev. jan, but it's not a solarveil one, BUT know that she does make solarveil ones if you request it. I was very happy with how my sling turned out and would not hesitate to buy from her again, she was very attentive to my questions, PLUS I thought her prices were very reasonable. So, just wanted to put in my 2 cents about www.sleepingbaby.net Unfortunately, I cannot give input on any of the other sites stated above, since I have never dealt with them before.

ginamlee
12-20-2003, 02:58 PM
Thank you for everyone's input! I went with the Kangaroo Korner since they had khaki and the slings themselves seem so similar.