PDA

View Full Version : Zolo Sizing questions

Grace_underfire
01-02-2004, 02:34 PM
Hi ladies,

I have a cotton zolo in natural size small. A friend of mine is buying me a black silk one as a baby gift! WOHOO what a nice friend. I told her she was crazy for spending that much! Anyway I want to make sure I get the right size.

Anyway ... I am 5-4 and I weight 140 lbs. Is that small size good you think?? I am kind of in between sizes. I am a bit mad that I did not get the cotton one in a medium because my DH is wearing the sling now and it is a tad small on him. Also will I need more material as my baby gets bigger? He is a big guy at 15 lbs at not even 3 months, he will be three months on the 15th.
I don't quite know what to do. IF I were to re-sale my cotton one which is almost brand new how much do you guys think I could get?

My idea is that I thinkn it woudl be great to have the cotton one on a medium (for dh and for less of a polished look) and the silk one on a small. However if I will be needing longer for when the baby is older I can go ahead and do a medium now.

Ugggghhhh
I hate to make decisions!

ginamlee
01-02-2004, 02:38 PM
I'm around your size (5'5" and 145 lbs) and I felt that my medium was WAAAY too long. I exchanged for a small and I'm much happier. If it were me, I'd definitely get the small.

justlearning
01-02-2004, 02:46 PM
Email me if you do decide to sell your Zolo because I have a friend who may be interested in buying a used one.

Grace_underfire
01-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the input! Keep it coming! :)

I have a friend that has the zolo toile on a medium. Maybe I will ask her if I can borrow hers for a weekend and see if I like it better. That might give me a good feel for what I should do.

I will post here and email you if I decide to sell my small. It really is in great shape. I haven't even had to wash it yet.

Again, if you have an older baby let me know what your thoughts are as I don't know if I should get a bigger one for when the baby gets bigger.

I just don't know

KMommie
01-02-2004, 03:11 PM
I'm about your size. I have a cotton one in a small---love it, but I had the same worries you do, now that DD is getting older. In fact I would have bought the medium, but she had a small on sale, so I went with the small! Most of my height is in my torso, I have pretty short legs (about a 26-27" inseam.) I just ordered a medium cotton, to try out... should be coming by early next week. I'll let you know what I think!

One thing I was wondering, was if the silk hung differently, so you would need less or more fabric to have it looking "sharp". I'm trying to figure out a way to justify a silk one, they are sooo pretty!

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

Momof3Labs
01-02-2004, 04:06 PM
I'm about the same size (5'4" and 150lbs) and my medium is too long. I wish that I had exchanged for a small, but I didn't.

susabusa
01-02-2004, 08:45 PM
I have both cotton and smalls and the sizing runs the same and you don't need more fabric in one or the other. I am 5'2" and I actually order an extra small. The sizing difference is 3 inches between each size.

Steph

Edited to say there is only 3 inches of difference between each size.

Calmegja2
01-02-2004, 08:49 PM
I'm 5'8", and about 125 pounds, and I have mediums, silk and toile.

Even with the medium, I have quite a bit of tail...which is what I wanted, but I would think you would swim in a medium, with tail down to your knees....

daisymommy
01-03-2004, 10:58 PM
I am bigger than you, (height and weight wise), and had a size Medium. it was plenty big. So I really think a small would fit you great. Also, when your baby is bigger and you are wearing them on your hip, you actually need the sling to fit smaller, not larger, as one might think. Because their whole body isn't inside it, just their little butt, like the seat of a swing :)

KMommie
01-05-2004, 02:53 AM
Okay, the sling is waiting for me in my mailbox, but it's too cold to go get it. I didn't think it would come yesterday, so I didn't venture out to get the mail. I got two emails today, one asking if I had received the sling, and how I liked it from c/s...the other one announcing their 25 percent off sale from Jan. 5-15. Bummer for me, but it looks like your friend can now score a "deal" for your silk one. :)

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03