PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong with my pouch sling? Pic included

cdlamis
01-06-2004, 02:36 PM
I am a first time sling wearer- all thanks to this board. I bought the cotton hotsling and love it- a great way to try out pouch slings at a great price. Anyway, I think I am wearing it right but it seems to dig into my arm (at the bottom end of the arm). Does that even make sense? Andit constricts my use of that arm when lifting my arm up.

Am I wearing it wrong? Is Julia's weight the reason? She is close to 28 lbs. Or is it because its cotton and doesn't give any?

I am including pictures to show you how I usually wear it. (Bad picture by the way- it was a very cold day!)

**ETA the picture! Oops!
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b342a64ee447

Thanks!

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

egoldber
01-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Well, I can't see all of you, so its a little hard to tell. From what you describe, the sling could be too small for you. Also, try spreading the fabric out over your shoulder more and see if that helps.

Good luck!

cdlamis
01-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Beth- i included another picture to show my whole body. The picture is kind of far away but its all I have right now.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b35d0802848f *December pictures

houseof3boys
01-06-2004, 04:55 PM
I think it is a little too small for you from what I can see. Have you tried emailing Kristen and asking her?

Spread the fabric a little more over the shoulder and try to wear Julia a little more on the hip instead of the front of your body and see if that is more comfy.

daisymommy
01-06-2004, 11:27 PM
It looks a tad too small too me. Also, I don't really like traditional cotton for pouches because it doesn't "give" at all, not allowing your arm to move much, and it digs in to you and your baby's legs. Thats why many people prefer the hemp fleece or polar fleece slings. I second the idea to wear her a little more off to the side, and less in the front. If she isn't resting naturally on your hip for support (because she is up too high), then you really know it's too small.

cdlamis
01-06-2004, 11:41 PM
Thanks everyone! I guess it is too small. The thing is is that is was probably the right size before DH washed AND machine dried it! He never washes my clothes (my request) but was being helpful. Anyway, I thought it was ok after that and can't remember how it fit before the dryer.

I have always thought the fleece pouches looked more comfy but it's too hot for Arizona weather. Is there a type of fleece or other stretchy material that I should try? Now that DH owes me another sling, I can go sling shopping again! Yeah! :)

Any suggestions?

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

cinrein
01-07-2004, 09:09 AM
Not to rain on your sling shopping parade, but there was a thread a while back about how someone's hotsling shrunk in the wash. Kristen replaced it for free because she maintains the sling should not have shrunk. If you want to replace the sling, I'd contact Kristen.

If it were me, I'd replace the hotsling and still get another sling to compensate for the pain and suffering DH caused. :)

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

votre_ami03
01-08-2004, 09:48 AM
I'm w/Cindy, I think you can stil weasle another one out of him. :)

If you don't mind my asking, where are you in AZ? I live in Phoenix & I have a M&M pouch. It hasn't been too hot for us yet, although I received it in Nov. It's not like we are outside too much when it's 120 outside anyhow.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

cdlamis
01-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Hi Christy-

We are in Gilbert. Where are you?

That is so good to know that you have the M&M pouch in AZ. I may have to try it. I am also leaning towards the fleece hotsling since its less expensive.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

votre_ami03
01-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Compared to you, I am way out west. ;) I live & work near the I-17 & 101 interchange.

As I mentioned, I have only had my pouch since Nov, but neither of us have been too hot. I mostly use it indoors though, grocery store, mall, etc. Nolan is almost a month younger than Julia (7/22, he's 5 1/2 mos). I carry him w/his legs inside, facing me. Ask me again in July. ;)

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03