PDA

View Full Version : KKAFP help needed

s_gosney
01-21-2004, 10:16 PM
I have a KKAFP and love it. However, now that dd is a little older, she doesn't curl up in a little ball like she used to, so she stick way out and her upper body ends up flopping around. If she's sleeping, she'll snuggle down and put her head on my chest, but if she's awake, she basically stands up in the pouch. She also ends up leaning away from the shoulder I have the pouch over. And today for the first time my left arm started hurting after about 30 minutes or so. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help!

ginamlee
01-21-2004, 11:46 PM
Do you have her legs out? When my daughter was your daughter's age (about a month ago), she decided that she didn't like her legs in the pouch any more. We still do tummy-to-tummy, but I don't have her legs in. She's basically sitting in the pouch with her bottom lower than her legs and the rail at the creases in her knees. (Clear as mud? ;)) This will prevent her from being able to stand up in the pouch.

stillplayswithbarbies
01-22-2004, 11:28 AM
Try the kangaroo carry. My daughter loved it at that age.

Baby is facing out, with her legs crossed in front of her inside the pouch.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

beckyr88
01-23-2004, 02:05 AM
We have always done a modified hip carry--basically a hip carry , but her legs are straddling me *inside* the pouch. Make sure you pull enough material up to reach at least her shoulders , and then she's kind of "clipped on" like a one of those koala bear pencil holders (remember those?). Anyway, it looks funny, with just a head sticking out, but DD at 11 months still fits in that way and sleeps easily. As for your shoulder hurting, make sure it's spread out over your whole shoulder/upper arm.

Good luck!

lizamann
01-23-2004, 09:48 AM
LOL at the koala bear clip image! I'll have to try this...

s_gosney
01-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the help ladies! We'll have to experiment with these different carries. I bet she'll really like the kangaroo carry. She's a curious baby that likes to look around. Thanks again!

miki
01-24-2004, 10:43 PM
Sorry to butt in on the thread but I was wondering how you all get your babies into the pouch for the kangaroo carry? I've tried this a few times and have ended up with Lorelei's legs in all sorts of funny positions. I can't seem to keep her legs crossed in front of her while dropping her into the pouch.

stillplayswithbarbies
01-25-2004, 02:53 AM
I would kind of lean her back on my shoulder and fold her legs up and hold them with one hand as I slid her in. Make sure she sort of slides in butt first and her legs will stay crossed a bit.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

kkb99
01-25-2004, 11:26 AM
I am glad to read these posts as I am having the same problem with my dd (dob 10/13/03). I have not tried the legs out tummy to tummy in the KKAFP yet, but have in my new zolo. It basically seemed to work well, except sometimes I worried about her slipping out. She really likes to do this stiff standing type thing. I had the rail under her knees, but I worried about it sliding up on her with her standing rigid like that. Anyone else's babe do this?

Kristen

beckyr88
01-25-2004, 10:55 PM
DD tries the stiff-legged thing too. I think the trick is to make sure the edge is right in the crease of her knees, and that her butt is lower than her knees. That way, she'll really be inside the pocket. She *shouldn't* be able to stiff-leg it then.

HTH!