PDA

View Full Version : Please help: which back carrier to get?

robandtakako
01-22-2004, 01:12 AM
Hello, I was wondering if I could have your pointers on this...

We have been using Bjorn and my husband loves it, but Nico (he is 5 month) is getting heavier and I started to have pain in shoulders and back. Also it’s difficult to do housework while wearing him in front of me. For those reasons, I am thinking of getting a back carrier. I did some research and came up with Ergo, Wilkinet and Kozy (many people in this board seem to love it) as my possibilities, but cannot decide which is the best.

I would like to hear opinions of those back carriers. What do you recommend among Ergo/Wilkinet/Kozy (or something else?)? Can you wear Ergo/Wilkinet/Kozy in back carry position by yourself? I watched Ergo instruction video, but the model baby was much older than my son. (I am wondering because Nico has a good head control but cannot sit without support.) In Wilkinet instruction video, the model was getting a help from another lady to keep a baby to sit upright while wearing…

I would like one that distributes weight evenly and has decent shoulder padding (due to my pain) and that I can wear by myself. Also, this is not a must element, but it would be nice if there is less hustle for getting a baby out so that if he is sleeping, there is less chance to wake him up when undressing.

I would appreciate any suggestions, TIA.

Takako
(Nicholas, born on 8/21/03)