PDA

View Full Version : More on babywearing being new-fangled...

parkersmama
01-24-2004, 11:57 PM
I have heard this many times too. People seem so amazed that I could actually use these "devices" to hold my baby! It cracks me up!

Anyway, tonight I was helping Parker count some money that he's saving and I looked closely at some money that he got for his birthday. They are Sacegewea dollars (the golden ones) and have a picture of Sacegewea carrying her baby sling-fashion on her back! It's the first time I've noticed it before but I pointed it out to Parker and he said, "That's like you do!" I just thought it was cool. Maybe we all need to start carrying one of these around to prove to unbelievers that it actually *is* a centuries old practice! LOL!

toomanystrollers
01-25-2004, 08:49 AM
Yes, we definitely turn heads around our way too. It's too bad Babiesrus only carries bjorn types and the god awful Nojo. Maybe if moms had more readily available choices at these giant retailers, we'd see a lot more babywearing. I'd be broke if Target carried KKAFP's - or God help me, Zolo's LOL

houseof3boys
01-28-2004, 10:55 PM
That is neat! I'll have to ask DH if he has one of those so I can see the picture.

Love AG's new pic. :)

parkersmama
01-28-2004, 11:33 PM
Thanks! :)