PDA

View Full Version : Please help! I don't like my sling :(

nicki1031
04-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Either I'm doing something wrong or there's something wrong with me or my sling... hoping some of you might be able to help. I have a size medium OTSBH (I'm 5'7") and every time I wear it, I feel so restricted. I can barely move my arm on the baby-side. I do think I'm putting it on correctly because I have the video so I know how it's supposed to work, but I still feel like I am tied up. Are all slings like this? Maybe an unpadded pouch might be better?

I have a Hippychick Hipseat that a friend of mine gave me and I feel so much better using that but of course, my baby-side arm is not free then either because I have to hold dd with that arm at all times.

Any ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

~Nicki
& Ella 6 1/2 months

papal
04-26-2004, 06:37 PM
Nicki,
Can you post a picture of you wearing the sling? That might help our in-house baby-wearing experts diagnose the problem. Perhaps the problem is the OTSBH... it does get mixed reviews.

nicki1031
04-26-2004, 06:53 PM
I'll take a picture, thanks Rashmi :)

nitaghei
04-27-2004, 02:41 PM
Truthfully, I could never get the OTSBH to feel comfortable. And all that fabric and padding just overwhelmed me. This is the one sling I own that I absolutely, unequivocally detest. All slings are NOT like the OTSBH.

The one ring sling I love is Rev. Jan's sling

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/index.html

The Zolo is a favorite on this board - but I just haven't been able to spend that kind on money on a sling.

Unpadded pouches are my absolute favorite. I love my (adjustable) MnM pouch for longer term use, and my cotton (unadjustable) Hotsling lives in my diaper bag.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD