PDA

View Full Version : we love our macpac!!

natesmomdrsuz
05-01-2004, 08:22 PM
We have been using our macpac possum and we all love it! One of the best investments we've made! I just have one question (hipmaman? are you there?)about the child harness- is there a better way to get a smaller child (around 20 lbs)into it? He is very secure, but I'm not sure we're tightening it correctly- the buckle ends up behind his leg, but it still feels like the straps are slightly wide on his shoulders.TIA!

rrosen
05-02-2004, 09:07 AM
Can you tell me where you were able to purchase the Macpac? I have been having trouble locating a seller in the US.

TIA
Rebecca

hipmaman
05-02-2004, 11:46 PM
Congrats and glad you like it! I just looked at mine and the female part of the harness buckle is behing the child, so I think regardless of the weight/size of a child, it would always be behind the thigh. No?

I can see the shoulder parts being wide for a 20 lbs child though. Are you talking about the distance between the shoulder straps being wide for your ds or the width of a strap being wide for his shoulder? If the distance between the straps is wide, you can move the chest clip up a bit to keep the shoulder straps more secure and less likely to slip off the shoulders.

What colour did you get?

hipmaman
05-02-2004, 11:51 PM
Here is the only place we know of that carry MacPac carriers. www.kiwi-kid.com. Rodney is well known to the people on BB and Parent's Place forums.

natesmomdrsuz
05-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Hi!
Yes, the distance between the straps is slightly wide, and it does help somewhat to move up the chest clip. There's still no way he can fall out, though, so I guess it doesn't matter too much. We just got back from hiking around in the Monterey area for a few days, and he was happy as a clam in it.
I thought there was only one color available now- the slate/black/orange, which is what we have- although I've seen one or two blue/green ones (which I assumed were old) on ebay.
Thanks again for all your help.