PDA

View Full Version : I need a backpack carrier

liksmom
05-08-2004, 06:10 AM
Help Mamas!! I am going to HI in about a month and am in need of a backpack carrier. I am having the hardest time finding one. I would like to try it out if I can before I buy. I want one that has some extra storage space and I dont want it to be too big. I want to be able to put it in the overhead compartment on the plane. Went to
REI last weekend and their packs seemed so large!! Any help would be appreciated.
TIA- Gloria

sadie427
05-08-2004, 10:49 AM
We have the Deuter Kids Comfort II and love it. It has some storage space and fits quite close to your body, closer than the Keltys that we tried and closer than the REI brand ones from what I've heard. It fits in the overhead compartment on the plane. The other one that fit similarly was a Madden, although the Deuter seemed more stable with the kickstand on the ground. Both are higher-end packs, you might try nicer local outdoor equipment stores, we got our Deuter in a small store.

liksmom
05-11-2004, 08:10 AM
Thanks - I really want to try a Deuter but I am having a hard time finding one locally. The two stores listed on their site do not carry the backpack carriers. I may just find a good on line store and just buy it. Thanks again for your help
Gloria

candybomiller
05-11-2004, 02:22 PM
We have the MacPac Possum and love it. I've only used it in the airports, but it fits quite well in the overhead compartment and has a lot of storage space available. I don't know if there's anywhere you can try it out, I had to order online from New Zealand. However, if you are ever in Montana, you're more than welcome to stop by and see it!

mtnbaby
05-12-2004, 07:44 PM
check out the deuter kangaroo backpack from www.babystyle.com (item #14326)--it is not a hard frame. I do not have it but am thinking about getting it and am going to post a message to see if anyone has experience with it.
good luck and have fun in Hawaii!