PDA

View Full Version : Need a Solarveil ring sling: Need insight on Taylormade vs Rev Jan's vs KK

kkb99
05-17-2004, 01:55 AM
I have seen on here that many have bought from these different places, but I am wondering the difference? I have a zolo cotton sling that I LOVE, so wondering which of these would potentially fit similarly.

Also, is Solarveil my best choice for wearing in/at the pool and at the beach, or would a water mesh be better?

Thanks!

robmab719
05-18-2004, 06:15 PM
I can't really help you with the comparisons as I don't have Solarveil slings from any of those places. However, my understanding is that Solarveil is superior to the water mesh because it not only dries quickly, but also offers UV protection. The water mesh dries quickly and is a bit softer, but has no protection from UV rays.

I just ordered my Solarveil sling from www.pookababy.com. They're on sale for $40 CDN, which came out to less than $30 US. And shipping is free anywhere in North America. For that price, I'm going to give it a try!

lizamann
05-18-2004, 07:42 PM
The water mesh can only be used in the water or else it slips dangerously through the rings. The solarveil is much more versatile, so I would go with that.

From what I know about shoulder styles of the slings you mention, the Taylormade is most similar to the Zolo: folded from the outside in, then sewn down.

egoldber
05-18-2004, 09:38 PM
I have the TaylorMade Treasures water mesh sling and I really, really like it. It is very soft and comfy. I used it with my DD when we went to the Caribbean and never had any problem with the sun. And I promise you, we are as pale as cadavers! :) I am not personally fond of the solarveil fabric at all, as I find it to be quite scratchy.

I know they say that the mesh sling is not to be used out of the water, but I would put her in it and then walk to the pool/ocean and it was fine. I did take another (pouch) sling with me for the trip to use in airports, etc.

HTH,

mjit
05-20-2004, 01:29 PM
I JUST ordered a Zolo cotton sling from Zolowear.com, so I was looking through all their slings, and Zolowear sells the Taylormade Solarveil and Water Mesh slings. I would think they must think pretty highly of them if they would sell them along side their own slings. Anyway, they also have a 30 day return/exchange policy.

http://www.zolowear.com/product_detail.asp?productlineid=1&productid=15&colorid=134

It does say the Taylormade slings don't have the Zolo pocket, rings, or shoulder design, but neither does anyone else I know of...