PDA

View Full Version : which arm do you like your adjustable pouch snapped for?

sdbc
05-21-2004, 07:05 AM
I'm right handed and don't know whether I should get the shoulder snapped for the right or the left. I'm probably going to order the KKACP.

Thanks!

Sue

Momof3Labs
05-21-2004, 09:49 AM
I almost always carry Colin on my left hip, so I always get pouches made for the right shoulder.

toomanystrollers
05-21-2004, 09:55 AM
I'm right-handed as well - so my pouches are snapped to wear on the right shoulder.

HTH

smkinc
05-21-2004, 04:35 PM
I'm right-handed, have tried both ways and I prefer the left. Make your decision based on which hip you will be carrying on--that is if you're going to carry on the left hip, get it snapped for the right shoulder. Also, you can use it for the other shoulder if you want, it just looks a little funny and an older child may be able to unsnap it.

HTH
Mary
Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03

karmab
05-21-2004, 06:37 PM
I'm right-handed too and like to have my right arm free to do things with, so I got a KKAFP for the left shoulder. I find that I hold DD on my right hip as well.

I hope this helps.

-Beatrice
Mommy to Karma Lily, 6/19/03

BandCJsMom
05-22-2004, 09:09 PM
I'm also right handed. I like my right hand free so I wear mine on my left shoulder.

Interesting to see everyones preferences.

Beth N

sntm
05-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Interestingly, I'm the exact opposite of how they recommend you choose. When I carry Jack (no sling, actual carrying), it's almost always on the right hip. So I like a right shoulder snap so he is on my left hip just to balance me out, so to speak.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

tarahsolazy
05-28-2004, 03:44 AM
Right handed here too, but I instinctively carry F on my left hip, and my MnM pouch is snapped for the R shoulder. I tried wearing my hotsling on my L shoulder, and it just felt wrong, KWIM?