PDA

View Full Version : I Received my FreeHand Mei Tai!

icunurse
06-16-2004, 02:59 PM
I was debating between a Kozy and EBMT, but decided to try a Freehand Mei Tai and I am not disappointed. It is absolutely beautiful, sturdy, well-padded (though it doesn't look like it in a lot of the pics on the website), and, best of all, it arrived about one week after I ordered it. Tried it out on DS and he loved being in front (I'm still working on the technique for back carrying). Much better on my back and shoulders than the Baby Bjorn and the price was right, too (they are $40 - $45). Kaire is very easy to work with and replys quickly. And you can specify if you want padded or unpadded ties or padded cuffs. Anyway, had to share! The site is www.freewebs.com/freehand
Traci

slingmom
06-16-2004, 03:08 PM
I've been looking at these as well but am not sure because I'm a plus-size mom and worry that the straps will be too thin. What do you think? They look beautiful but dont want to buy another carrier if its not going to be comfortable.

JoAnne, Sling Mom to Sophia 3/1/03

icunurse
06-16-2004, 03:18 PM
I pulled out DH's tape measure and the upper ties measure 3 1/2-ish inches wide and the lower ties are 3 inches wide. Just from my experience, Kaire will email (or you can call her) to make it exactly what you want. I would think that, since they are handmade, that would include longer or wider ties.
Traci

slingmom
06-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Thank-you so much! I think I will get one when I can convince DH I NEED another one. (I'm currently trying to get him to let me get a combo sling). I think I need wider straps but if she'll make them wider and longer it sounds like it will work great! Thank-you.

JoAnne, Sling Mom to Sophia 3/1/03