PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Which carrier for 9 month old, Mom with very bad back - mostly city walking

LittlePrince_Mom
06-18-2004, 06:26 PM
Hi Everyone.
I know similar questions have been asked but I was wondering if you can help me out with more specific advice. I have been using the Bjorn up to now but it's killing my back. I have an awful back and really ache after even a few minutes of carrying DS. I think I need a good backpack carrier with a substantial harness. The only thing is, I'll be using it mainly for city walking I"m not exactly a hiker. I think a really serious pack might look a little silly in the city. That I can deal with, but it would also be a pain to schlep around. Is there anything that fits the bill? Great for the back, made for an older baby and reasonable portable?/ Oh, I also live in an extremely warm climate and would appreciate something that wouldn't make me sweat like crazy. Am I asking too much? Does this carrier exist?

Thanks so much for any suggestions.

-E

JacksMommy
06-18-2004, 06:34 PM
I can't speak to whether it's "great for the back" but I have been pretty happy with our Tough Traveler Kid Carrier. It fastens around your hips and has a chest strap as well, both of which help take stress off your back. And it's definitely not too outdoorsy for city walking, but you can use if for day hikes as well. They also have some even smaller packs, but they have less support. Check out their website www.toughtraveler.com. These packs are often on EBay for decent prices, too.

Laurel
Working Mama to Jack, 6/4/02
EDD #2 12/25/02