PDA

View Full Version : rev jan sling...what fabric?

SeekerMage
06-23-2004, 03:50 PM
Help! Im finally breaking down and buying a sling and want to get a rev jan sling, but what fabric? Any suggestins on what type and why?
I was thinking about the stretch, but worried about it being too stretchy after a while, then I thought the twill would be too hot, and not sure about the microfiber...Help!
Thanks for your advice!

kristine3kids
06-23-2004, 07:35 PM
I have a microfiber one and the fabric is very comfy. Its soft a silky feeling but it not. If that makes sense. Almost feels like suede. I personaly have a thing for twill so if given the coice my 1st preference would be twill. ( I got my rev Jan sling via a trade)

Jeanmick
06-23-2004, 07:49 PM
I also have a rev jan sling made out of microfiber. Love the color (red) and also really like the material. I wouldn't worry too much about the stretchiness of the material. I have a very squirmy toddler and yet it holds him well. My only concern about using this material is if you're in a hot and/or humid climate. If you live in this type of weather, I'd probably go for something that breathes more easily, like a cotton-type material. Other than that, I've been pleased with using it. Jan's slings are very comfortable. :)

hellokitty
06-24-2004, 12:51 AM
I have Rev Jan's khaki twill. It looks really nice and I have had ppl come up to me and ask where I have gotten it at. However, to be honest I am a little leery about wearing it here in the midwest summer, at least outside (so far I've only used it inside the grocery store where it is kind of chilly). I've found myself using my solarveil sling a lot b/c of the weather (hot and humid). IMO, the twill is a thicker fabric, not as thick as denim, but not as thin as regular cotton so it looks a little bit dressier, but it will also definitely be warmer, if that makes any sense.