PDA

View Full Version : LOVE my Kozy!! (pics)

Java
07-04-2004, 05:23 PM
I just got it Friday and already I'm wearing everywhere! It's so comfortable and easy to use (at least the front carry - I'm still working on the back carry).

We spent 3 hours at IKEA and DS was happily hanging out on DH! I was so surprised the DH wanted to wear it (even though I wanted to wear it too...). We got a lot of looks and "omigosh look at that carrier" comments from other moms, especially pg moms.

Every weekend in the morning DH takes Kael on a morning walk with the dogs in the Kelty. This morning, he asked to use the Kozy - I was so surprised! DH is a Kelty man so for him to want to use the Kozy saya a lot about the comfort.

Anyway, I could go on and on... I've attached a pic from this morning's walk. (ack - sorry it's SO HUGE!!)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8627.jpg

murpheyblue2
07-04-2004, 06:51 PM
So glad you and DH like it! I can't wait to get mine.

new_mommy25
07-05-2004, 03:52 AM
Gorgeous! I'm glad you and DH are happy, your DS looks so happy!

sntm
07-05-2004, 10:18 AM
It looks wonderful! I almost got that pattern -- if only it was sensible to have two...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

hudsonam
07-05-2004, 02:05 PM
Great pics! I have a Kozy, and general Mei Tai question: They look like they pull on your shoulders. Does it feel that way? The baby's weight just looks like it pulls down in the front. Obviously they (babies) have some weight to them, so it's inevitable, but do you feel the pulling?

Java
07-05-2004, 07:48 PM
The first time I used it, the weight gave me shoulder pains. Then I realized it was because I was wearing DS too low/loose. So I hitched him up higher and tighter and now there's no pain.

I'm still getting some shoulder pains in the back carry though (rucksack style). Still need to tweak that a bit. DS and I need to get our act together and work as a team. When I put him on my back, he arches his back to look around and then makes a move for my pony tail! He's come away with fistfuls of hair each time I've tried the back carry...

nicknack
07-06-2004, 12:06 PM
Great pics, Sonya! I love that fabric. Question--how long do those straps in front hang? Is there a way to make it more streamlined and to not have them hanging down?
Thanks!
Nicole

hudsonam
07-06-2004, 01:31 PM
>The first time I used it, the weight gave me shoulder pains.
>Then I realized it was because I was wearing DS too low/loose.
>So I hitched him up higher and tighter and now there's no
>pain.
>
>I'm still getting some shoulder pains in the back carry
>though (rucksack style). Still need to tweak that a bit. DS
>and I need to get our act together and work as a team. When I
>put him on my back, he arches his back to look around and then
>makes a move for my pony tail! He's come away with fistfuls of
>hair each time I've tried the back carry...

Thanks for the info! Your DS is adorable. :-)

robmab719
07-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Awww, your little one looks very comfy.

That's the same fabric combination that we have and I love mine, too. DD is still a bit small in it, but I can tell we will use it more and more as she gets bigger (and heavier!). Now if I could just get DH to wear our Kozy, I'd be all set. (Maybe I will show him these photos of how manly your DH looks and he will be convinced!) :)

megulis
07-08-2004, 09:12 PM
I just tuck them into the straps. I am not sure if I can explain. You tie the straps, and then you tuck them into the parts that are already taut against you? I am sure I don't make sense, but there is no straps hanging around.

Java
07-09-2004, 02:31 AM
I usually just let it all hang loose. I am "blessed" :P with a stick figure so the Kozy keeps slipping down down down as I walk so I have to continually re-adjust it (5'3", 102#). I wrap the straps behind then bring them around to the front. If I don't then it's practically dragging on the floor behind me!

My friends used to make fun of me that I'm the same way front and back. Thank goodness for breastfeeding boobs!

Java
07-09-2004, 02:36 AM
hahaa - I had to laugh at your manly comment. If you look closely at the second picture, you'll see that Kael is playing with my nursing necklace that DH is wearing! The necklace is to keep Kael occupied and not twisting and turning to look around as he usually does.

robmab719
07-09-2004, 11:43 AM
LOL! That is hilarious!

Well I know my DH will never wear a necklace...no matter how twisty and squirmy Avery is. If I can just get him to wear the Kozy, I'll be happy. :)

megulis
07-10-2004, 04:17 AM
Only manly men can wear nursing necklaces and slings! Kudos to you! My dh is okay to wear bracelets and slings! I love him for it!