PDA

View Full Version : Loving my kozy too! (Pics-- silk!)

quikeye
07-11-2004, 01:28 AM
Hey all, seems like everyone received their kozy this week! I was super jealous mine hadn't arrived yet, but it's here and it's SOO beautiful! I sent Kelley some *silk* (not 100%, some blend-- heavier) and the coordinating material and I got the most beautiful kozy today! I SOO love it, and I've only worn it around the house so far!

I get what everyone was talking about as far as comfort-- I have another abc that is not as comfy as the kozy (no padding in the arms), and it also just doesn't have the awesome construction of the body (curved headrest, slight padding at the head, *solid* feeling instead of just some fabric-- holds a shape!). I'm also amazed at how thinly it folds, I can actually fit it into my overstuffed diaper bag.

What's most amazing is the construction; it's just so *tailored* looking, absolutely finished and beautiful. I can't wait to wear ds out; I always get comments on my carriers (since they're not that popular, even in my granola neighborhood), but even I can hardly believe this was made by hand it is so well put together!

Now I'm bummed I also didn't buy a kaliedoscope kozy... oh well. DH already says I have too many; except for a structured (tough traveller, kelty/hiking) carrier, I think I'm actually done with carriers for now! :)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8995.jpg

eta: laughing since I didn't notice Kai's hand in the pic :)

sb1177
07-11-2004, 02:41 AM
That's a gorgeous picture! I wouldn't mind doing a trade for my kaliedoscope with you. ;)

I had another abc which I sold recently, but surprisingly I don't find much difference between the comfort level of that one and my kozy. Although the kozy is much more sleeker looking and doesn't feel as bulky. My other abc did have padded headrest and straps.

papal
07-11-2004, 11:22 AM
<DROOL>
That is exquisite! Where did you find the material??
And Kai is precious.. i love the hand placement like he is saying "Mine, mine, ALL mine"!! LOL. :)

kroppink
07-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Wow - the silk is just gorgeous! And Kai is a doll! :)

Mine came on Friday! I sent her some toile fabric that I bought on eBay -- and I did the black straps as well.

Baby hasn't arrived yet though. ;) We're waiting for the phone call with our referral... adopting from Russia! So I took pictures of both myself & DH wearing the Kozy with a teddy bear in it!! LOL Here they are on my web site:

http://karin.faulkner.net/baby/babystuff.htm

murpheyblue2
07-12-2004, 12:50 AM
Wow ladies those look great.

BTW Karin, I love your website!

kroppink
07-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Thanks!!! :)

quikeye
07-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Yours is beautiful too Karin! Congrats on the impending arrival of your son! And I have to admit I envy your closet organization!!

I would wear my mom and me pouch around the house before ds was born, I just loved fantasizing about carrying him! And now that he's here, it's even better :) (And my cat doesn't get scared thinking I'll try & pop her in the pouch!)

kroppink
07-12-2004, 02:55 PM
LOL - that is too funny! Did you really stick your cat in it? ;) We have 3 cats & I have seriously considered trying... ha! :) My hesitations are the back claws hurting the cozy or the cat hair that will get on it. LOL :)

Oh -- and thank you!!! :)

sntm
07-15-2004, 10:15 AM
Aija -- that is gorgeous! I sent in my own fabric, but still cotton. Now I am wanting a silk one (impractically, as Jack is walking now!)

That is truly gorgeous. Will have to do that for the next one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

new_mommy25
07-16-2004, 02:54 AM
WOW, WOW, WOW!! You must be in heaven, what a gorgeous carrier!!

Of course that doesn't even come close to Kai. What a cutie pie!