PDA

View Full Version : How long do you use your carrier?

supercalifragilous
07-14-2004, 04:38 PM
We had the Baby Bjorn and graduated to the Sutemi, which we absolutely love for airport treks when I have to be hands free... Now DD is 14 months and walking very nicely and I haven't had her in the Sutemi in a while. I'm not much of a back carrier b/c DD is very curious and seems to squirm and hate that position anyway.

I was just recently lurking on these boards (I took a break for a while and should have stayed out) and am very intrigued by this new Kozy talk... I would LOVE a custom one so I can pick my own fabric (not impressed with the ones on the site) but she quit doing those until further notice... that's probably the only reason why I'm not getting another one.

So I'm wondering, do all of you moms have really little ones that don't walk yet? Or do any of you carry your walking toddlers in the carrier?

egoldber
07-14-2004, 07:57 PM
I didn't start using a sling until DD was 10 months old. I would say I carried her regularly until she was 2 1/2. She still rides occasionally, and I wouldn't consider taking an airport trip without my pouch sling in my bag!

HTH,

beckyr88
07-14-2004, 09:57 PM
I still use my pouch for short trips and DD is almost 17 months old. In fact, she really loves the sling and will still bring it to me occasionally to get some snuggle time in. I don't carry her for hours like I used to, but it's surely still useful!

lizamann
07-15-2004, 09:38 AM
My 14 month old is a great walker but I still sling her all the time for transportation purposes. She goes on my back instead of in a stroller most of the time. She really loves it. We walk all over the city that way.