PDA

View Full Version : like kozy carrier on ebay

ismommy
08-04-2004, 01:50 PM
So I am starting to look at carriers for baby x and am intrigued by the kozy. There is one on ebay now but I am not sure about buying it from an unknown seller. I would be concerned about the safety of it. But its not going for much at all. What do you think.
I am also considering a zolo pouch or a KKAFP. DC moms can we do a sling shwoing at our next outing?
TIA

purplemama
08-04-2004, 03:36 PM
That ABC on Ebay doesn't look nearly as well made as the Kozy. It doesn't look like it has padded shoulders, either. Although, it is pretty cheap at this point. Do you have a sewing machine? Maybe you can try making one yourself... I was seriously considering doing that for a bit because I was impatient for my Kozy! OTOH, I love my KKAFP, too. How old is your babe? I've used my KKAFP since my ds was an infant, but now that he's four months old, I'm having a harder time putting him in there. He's going through this thing where he doesn't want to bend his legs into the right position anymore and will only straighten his legs, and ends up standing in the pouch. But I love it still. Can't wait until he can sit up, then I'll try the hip carry on him. Don't have a Zolo, but I hear wonderful things about that, as well.

Anyway, I don't think I was much help, was I? Are you on the list for a Kozy? I've heard that Freehand Mei Tai's are great, too... I think they might be cheaper than a Kozy, as well, but not sure. Good luck!

papal
08-04-2004, 08:30 PM
Helene, for a newborn, a Kozy might not be the best option.. a pouch would be much better and since baby x is due in the winter.. the KKAFP would be a great choice. We can definitely a sling show and tell at our next gathering.. that would be fun!

ismommy
08-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Thanks for responding. I won't bid on that since it doesn't seem well made. I told DH I wanted a really nice cling for baby x or maybe 2. He says to point him in the right direction. I was thinking either the KKAFP or Zolo then the Kozy if I like it for when he is older.
I can't wait for our next gathering.

nitaghei
08-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Helene,
For a newborn (especially in January) a KKAFP or a MnM (if there are any available) would be the best. A Kozy works better for an older child. Anyway, I have a MnM, and Rashmi has the KKAFP, so you can definitely compare the two. And doesn't Beth have a Zolo? I know she never felt the Zolo love, so may not have it any more. We can do a baby carrier orgy the next time we get together.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

ismommy
08-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Okay one more question - can I determine the size I need whle pregnant. I want to be able to take the sling with me and start slinging baby x as soon as I can.
Thanks

cinrein
08-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Oh, a sling orgy! When? Where?

I have a Mom n Me, a Zolo, a KK solarveil sling and an Ergo to contribute to the sling-fest.

Helene, I would get an adjustable pouch. Probably either a KKAFP or a Mom n Me, or the new Zolo. These are adjustable, so you have a lot of wiggle room on size. I believe Darien at Zolowear allows you to exchange the pouch if you order while pregnant and it turns out to be the wrong size--I know she does this for slings. Jenn did it for her pouches too, but I don't know when she'll be back in business.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

nitaghei
08-05-2004, 03:22 PM
I agree with Cindy. An adjustable pouch is the way to go. That way you have a fair amount of leeway in sizing. And you can always borrow one of ours. Between us, we're bound to have something that works for you!

The new Zolo pouch sounds and looks really cool. But I can't justify getting yet another pouch. sigh.

I have a cotton Hotsling, a fleece Hotsling (thinking of selling this, but I'll hold on to it until you can try it), a MnM pouch, a Rev. Jan ring sling, a Kozy, a OTSBH (waste of time),and a WRF Hip Baby (also a waste of time). I *think* that'a all the slings I have. I can bring a couple of saris along too, to experiment with as wraps.

Cindy,

I'd really like to check out the Ergo, too.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

ismommy
08-05-2004, 03:25 PM
YOu guys all are the BEST!!! I sent out something on Yahho to start planning our sling orgy. I am so excited. New baby stuff YEAH!!!