PDA

View Full Version : Sling Baby from WalkingRockFarm.com

jp96
08-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Hello,

Has anyone used a sling from this company? It is mentioned in the BB book. Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jennifer

nitaghei
08-05-2004, 12:36 PM
Well, I have the Hip Baby and I HATE it. OTOH, DH loves it, and it's become his carrier. The fabric and construction are very nice; the design didn't work for me. I ended up with excuricating pain in my back, neck and shoulder after carrying DS for about an hour. And this was when he was 6 months old! I can still carry him in my slings for longer than that *now* at 19 months without any discomfort.

Based on my experience and on Lori's (momof3labs), I think the Hip Baby, at least, works better for tall people. DH is 6'4", I'm 5'2". I also think it works better for men than women, but the sample size on which I base that assertion is small to vanishing point! :)

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

amyff
08-05-2004, 05:17 PM
I am trying to sell my Hip Baby on the Babywearing Swap right now! I never used it because DD and I loved the KKAFP so much (have you looked at those?)! However, I bought it because my girlfriend with twins uses it every day. She said that she got neck and back pain if she wore the strap up on her neck (as pictured) but when she lowers it below her shoulder and really tightens it up...no problems. However, I do have to say this woman is quite strong (from lugging two 25 pound babies :)) and 5'10" tall. My DH used her Hip Baby with our DD on vacation (when she was 6 months old) and loved it (he is tall and with a strong back).