PDA

View Full Version : Need to try things out

vdrake71
08-06-2004, 01:22 PM
I have been reading posts here and at the babywearer and I just bought a baby trekker, but would love to try other carriers. How to I go about that. Is there a "carrier party" (like a candle party, tupperware party..) that sells different carriers? I was told to contact the local la leche for information, but they are only using the maya sling.

Any ideas??

kristenk
08-06-2004, 05:16 PM
Veronica - Where do you live?

lizamann
08-08-2004, 03:17 AM
Sadly, nothing like this exists because there are just too many different brands for one company to sell, but here are some options:

There is the Unique Baby Boutique (www.shopubb.com), which has home parties, but they only carry the Over the Shoulder baby holder, the Maya, the New Native, and the Ellaroo wrap.

Another option is to find someone nearby with a stash, who is willing to help you out! You can check out the "Babywearers near you" forum at the babywearer.com to see if you live near a bona fide sling addict.

Your best bet is probably to see if there is an Attachment Parenting International group near you. (http://www.attachmentparenting.org/) Lots of sling wearers there!

vdrake71
08-09-2004, 01:45 PM
I live in the Far western suburbs of Chicago, IL.

This decision is just so difficult. They are so many varieties and once you think that you found something then you read about another carrier. It is also difficult because I work full time so my chance to carry my DS is limited and I need something that has a fast learning curve.

I do have to say that my research on features payed off on the baby trekker because my husband was wearing it yesterday. My father-in-law also was wearing it this weekend.