PDA

View Full Version : Pouch or Sling?

Laela
08-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Which do you prefer? Does the baby's age make a difference?

megulis
08-06-2004, 08:34 PM
I prefer adjustable pouches, but I can see where slings would be good. I like ring slings better than non-adjustable pouches.

Some people prefer a look. Pouches definitely are easier to learn.

I started out with a pouch and fell in love. Agewise, I think the older and heavier a baby is the more you want to look for a two shoulder carrier like an Asian Baby Carrier or a Ergo type carrier.

Momof3Labs
08-06-2004, 09:26 PM
I prefer adjustable pouches right now, since Colin is almost 30lbs. When he was younger, I preferred ring slings because they were so easily adjusted. I never cared for nonadjustable pouches because it is so hard to get a good fit.

tarahsolazy
08-07-2004, 02:26 AM
I'm kind of digging my adjustable pouch made by WiseWoman slings. Its a ring sling with a pouch sewn in, and a closed tail, so no extra fabric wafting around. I also have two more traditional pouches, which I love, too. I agree with Lori, non-adjustable pouches are a gamble, if it doesn't fit, it will be uncomfortable. My hotsling happens to fit really well, though, so I'm OK there, too!

annabellesmom
08-07-2004, 01:52 PM
Hi,

Could you post the link to wise woman slings? I googled and got a lot of stuff but didn't see which had slings.

Thanks,
Sam

kristine3kids
08-07-2004, 04:39 PM
I Like both but prefer a good adjustable pouch just to get a good fit. It depends where I'm going too and at what age. With Mackie being a toddler I can get away with a pouch easier because right now I use it for hip carry. But I use a good ring slign or Adjustable pouch for back carries.

tarahsolazy
08-07-2004, 10:02 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20412&item=4316980673&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

This is an ebay auction by the maker of the WiseWoman adjsutable pouch sling. I think her site is linked from there. Her BIN price is the same as buying from the website. I bought mine via ebay, and the transaction was rapid and easy. I bought a purple one! They are all flannel, BTW, but it is comfy, even in summer, I think. I thought I could never learn to use a ring sling, it was intimidating with all that fabric. The sewn in pouch makes it easier, its obvious where to put the baby, KWIM? The adjustability is nice, I can just loosen it to remove or insert DS, and tighten or loosen the top rail depending on how squirmy he is. We used our Mom and Me adjustable (with snaps) fleece pouch when he was a newborn, but I think this sling would have worked as well, or better, since it is actually more adjustable. Kristine, who posted on this thread, makes an adjustable pouch with rings as well, the Baby Space pouch. It has an open tail, so there is extra fabric, which increases the versatility. Check out her site, too!