PDA

View Full Version : Please rate my top choices

hudsonam
08-12-2004, 07:59 PM
I think I've made my decision re: carriers. I am due in December, and would like a pouch for when he is an infant, so I'm going to order the KKAFP. As a more structured carrier, for when he is a little older, I plan to order the Sutemi. I think ring slings might be too hard on my bad shoulders, and I figure the KKAFP will be the most newbie-friendly too.

What do you think? Sound like a plan? I may still order a Mei Tai style carrier as well, but I think I'd primarily use a sling/pouch and then a more structured carrier. Then again (and I feel this every time I come to this board) I think it will become addicting and I'll probably end up with a bunch. :-) I'd already like to order a bunch, but I figure it'll be best to wait and see how things go. ;-)

new_mommy25
08-12-2004, 08:27 PM
I think that is perfect! I loved my KKAFP. And it's smart to go to a carrier like a Sutemi when your baby gets older. I say this because it distributes the weight on both shoulders so it'll be better on your back.

lizamann
08-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Sounds like a great plan!

Now close your browser, back away from the computer, and vow never to visit this forum again!

heidi_timms
08-12-2004, 10:19 PM
I just want to say that I love my Sutemi pack. I also have a pouch, which is a Mom-n-me (not currently in production because the owner's son is sick), which is an adjustable pouch similar to the KKAFP. Good Choices!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

puppymom
08-13-2004, 01:18 AM
Sounds good! I *wish* I had started with a pouch like MnM or with a wrap-style like Didymos. Perfect for newborns. My son is 9.5M now, we used the Sutemi pretty heavily between months 4-8, less often now that he is almost 20 pounds. But I still love using it, it's just that any carrier is hard on my back with his weight! But as he grows taller I'm hoping to use it more in the backpack position. And if you have a pouch, you'll still be able to use that for variety as your baby gets older.

Definitely an addictive thing!