PDA

View Full Version : thingy to line shopping cart seat/high chair seat?

sdbc
08-23-2004, 01:16 PM
Does anybody know what this thing is I keep seeing, and where to get it? It's a big piece of fabric with leg holes that you can put in shopping cart seats or restaurant highchairs. I KNOW somebody on here must know about this. :)

Thanks!

Sue

icunurse
08-23-2004, 01:26 PM
I bought my cart cover through www.covers4kids.com and love it. Others have found ones that they like at www.sewcuteboutique.com and even at BRU. HTH!

kristenk
08-23-2004, 02:11 PM
If you check out the Places to Go: All other To-Go Gear (diaper bags, etc.) forum, you'll see quite a bit of talk about shopping cart covers. I think that there might still be a post about them on page 1, otherwise, go back a few pages or do a search. I purchased one from sewcuteboutique.com and am happy with it. We haven't used it too much, yet, but DD just turned 6 months and I think we'll start using it a lot pretty soon!

jslatch
08-24-2004, 03:25 PM
I just got The Floppy Seat from BRU after seeing a woman there using it and hearing her rave reviews. We haven't used ours yet, but as soon as we switch out our infant car seat for the convertible, we're going to start using it.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009VE5J/qid=1093372180/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/102-1318670-1544951?v=glance&s=toys&n=507846

Julia
Bennett 3/14/04

supercalifragilous
08-25-2004, 07:22 PM
I second checking out the diaper bags forum. You should do a search there though b/c I don't remember seeing anything recently and there were some really cute pictures and great extensive reviews posted there.

www.burdickbaby.com has a really cool comparison chart of all the "commercial" seat covers out there.

I also saw the FloppySeat @ TJ Maxx for $19.99. I'm not sure how much it is @ BRU.

I should warn you that there's a site out there that has "high-end" silky fabric seats for over $100 -- they've had some customer service & quality issues. You'd be better off getting the similar fabric (probably at a discount/coupon from JoAnn's) and send it to one of these WAHM sites and some of them will even give you a discount for sending in your own fancy fabric! (I try to support WAHMs so that's just my preference anyway)

That said, the WAHM sites I see mentioned most at the diaper bags forum are SewCuteBoutique and Covers4Kids. I did some research myself on this and here's what I came up with. They're all varying prices so you'll have to check on that. According to the reviews some are padded more than others, depending on your preference, and some come with coordinating pillows and/or totes, which is nice.

www.SewCuteBoutique.com
www.Covers4Kids.com
www.TheBabyGuardian.org
Angelyn Rose Boutique -- eBay
www.Handmade4Baby.com
www.ShoppingCartCoverStore.com
www.babyluvsit.com
www.babyalacart.com

If you sew, here's this site:
www.ShoppingCartCoverPattern.com

Hope this helps! Good luck! If you get one, be sure to post your cute pictures! :)

Laurelsmom2002
08-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Got mine from ebay- cart comforter is the brand- there werent many from WAHM at the time, but mine was used as a pattern for 2 other mommies so I'm sure a homemade one would be great- I liked mine w/ drawstring tightener since it worked and stayed tight at costco as well as grocery store

sdbc
08-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Thanks everybody!

shindagrl
08-29-2004, 10:21 PM
I saw one at Wal-Mart today for $20 that was very cool.....had toys attached, too. I'll be getting one whenever DD gets old enough to sit in the cart.

HTH!

almostamom
09-03-2004, 12:48 AM
I bought mine off e-bay (seller was recommended to me here on these boards)

http://stores.ebay.com/Angelyn-Rose-Boutique

Fabulous seller, excellent to deal with, she makes the covers herself. I bought one and the quality is EXCELLENT! I had it in about 2 or 3 days. Plus, she has tons of fabric to choose from.

~Linda~
Baby #1 due Nov 17, 2004

asha
09-03-2004, 04:05 PM
We have been using the floppy seat for a little while now. Covers the entire shopping cart and is very colorful. DS loves it and keeps exploring the prints.
Pros: Has a pouch for some toys or keys or whatever. Can be folded into its own bag. Very easy to put on the shopping cart, can do it with one hand with the baby in the other.

Cons: Only one color and print. $40: Seems a bit high for the simple thing.

Would I recommend it: Yes

Have not used it on a high chair yet.

HTH,
~Asha