PDA

View Full Version : KozyKarrier-like (mei tai) products....

supercalifragilous
08-30-2004, 05:35 PM
How many of these sites/makers are there?

How do they all compare? I thought there was a website that compared all the differences (like angled straps, padding, etc.)

I have a MayaWrap and Sutemi but I'd love a hip carrier that dispersed some of the weight on the hips (DD is 25 lbs). The Sutemi's straps are just too bulky to do a hip carry and I hate my MayaWrap (never got the hang of it and it hurts my neck now that she's so heavy).

heidi_timms
08-30-2004, 06:06 PM
I recently bought a Kozy knockoff off of ebay from a nice lady named Lisa Wood. It is a maroon brocade with embroidered butterflies for around $39 shipped. I wanted a Kozy, but couldn't wait! My DD is 16 months old and I need it badly. The seller's name is cherie012. Originally, her mei tais were just square (without the rounded top like a Kozy), but she recently changed. Mine is also the rounded top and I love it. Some of her photos in her auctions still show her old style. Her mei tais have lightly padded shoulders and the workmanship is superb. I would highly recommend her.

I also posted on a seperate post about the mei tai hip carrier. I am very intrigued and might even order one!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

Momof3Labs
08-30-2004, 09:42 PM
Is this her site? www.sachicarriers.com Someone posted it the other day, and I think that some of the pics are the same as in her auction. Hmm, hmm, I'm quite tempted!!

heidi_timms
08-30-2004, 11:09 PM
Yep, that's it. I think that she's offering 15% off of her carriers today(Monday). There was a post on babywearing.
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03