PDA

View Full Version : Keeping baby warm in a Bjorn?

JacksMommy
09-01-2004, 04:04 PM
#2 is due around Christmas, and I plan to mostly use my KKAFP for carrying her, but DH is a Bjorn lover and most likley won't use the sling. DS was a summer baby so I never had to worry about keeping him warm, but now I'm wondering if I should buy something to cover up #2 when she's in the Bjorn. I've seen something at my local store called the Cozy, which is basically a piece of fleece sewn to fit around baby and be attached to a front pack. Babystyle also sells a similar one by Mugwumps (in their outlet section). Has any one had experience with these, and is it worth the money? I'd love to support a SAHM mom who makes them, but haven't found anyone on EBay... Any other thoughts or opinions are much appreciated.

TIA,
Laurel
Working Mama to Jack, 6/4/02
EDD #2 12/24/02

Momof3Labs
09-01-2004, 10:41 PM
Check out this thread, about halfway down the page:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=62&topic_id=5343&mesg_id=5343&page=

JulesinChicago
09-02-2004, 12:10 AM
Hi Laurel,

I just purchased a Kiddopotamus fleece cover from wagondepot.com for around $27 including shipping. It just arrived today. It has fleece on the inside and an outer waterproof shell in nylon...

I am due with baby #1 in October, and live in Chicago, so was also worried about keeping baby warm. I actually purchased it for our infant carseat, but also got it because it can do double-duty and be used with our BB. (And it will also work with a stroller.)

I have no real-life experience with it yet, but it seems well-made and cozy. A couple of features that seem like they would be nice for use with the BB - there are front slits that go into a little pocket, you can also reach through and touch the baby. Also, there is a little hood that can go over baby's head (or be hidden away if not needed).

Hope that helps.
Jules

miki
09-05-2004, 04:45 PM
I'd make sure DD was wearing a fleecy romper, socks, and a hat, and DH would zip his coat around her so that only her head was exposed.

octmom
09-05-2004, 11:06 PM
We used the Kiddopotamus one (I think it's called the Great Fleece Cover-up) all last winter and loved it!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

Vajrastorm
09-09-2004, 09:20 PM
We kept a fleece hooded/footed pajama like outift in one size larger and used it as a "coat" over whatever else she was wearing. (Usually sleepers).