PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/my Kozy

larson
09-10-2004, 12:57 AM
Okay, I got my Kozy a while back, and I have been using it, some. I feel as though I tend to shy away from using it for long durations, because it seems as if every time I use it, ds gets red marks on his legs from the straps. I really don't like feeling like he's slipping or falling, so I tend to tie the straps fairly tight.

Am I doing something wrong? Any troubleshooting would be appreciated! I hate feeling as though I'm not getting enough use out of something that I waited soooo long for and spent good money on! ;)

Carrie

quikeye
09-10-2004, 04:48 AM
Hi, what kind of red marks? DS gets red marks from sitting and the folds of his diaper/pants make marks on his skin when they're in the kozy, but nothing serious & I can't see them until I take him out if the pouch... are those the kinds of marks? Most of the red on my son is where his dipe/pants have been pressed against him by the seat of the pouch & not the straps...

How are you wearing him, exactly? Back or front?

I just got my kozy maybe a month or 2 ago, but we've been using it a lot & I've been going thru the trials & errors, and this is what has worked for us...

Back carry-- waist strap knotted in front. Babe sitting in carrier, straps over my shoulders rucksack style, brought under his legs (under the pouch's bottom body part), wrapped around my waist & tied in front on top of the other knot. I used to tie the knot in the back but it really dug in me for some reason, where in the front is more comfy.

Front carry-- Waist strap tied in back. Son facing me, legs out of carrier. Top straps over my shoulder, crossed in back, brought to the front & under ds' legs (under the seat of the carrier) and tied.

Are you tying the straps above his legs? If the waist strap is tied tightly enough to you, then you shouldn't logistically have a problem w/ slipping out, since that's the seat babe sits in-- as long as the seat is secure and the waist is tied securely, I don't have much problem w/ slipping as long as the shoulder straps are looped UNDER ds' legs and they're tight enough to begin with. There is no stretch, so if you do a little bounce when tightening the straps, bringing babe closer to you while pulling the straps tight, you will get a more comfortable hold. If the shoulders aren't taut enough to begin with, they'll slip & be uncomfortable/"wrong" feeling.

If you post how you tie babe on, someone may be able to help you troubleshoot it :) I love mine, so I hope it works out for you (esp. after the wait!)

_______

ETA:

I was thinking about this, and I can't think of when the straps are "on" ds when wearing him in my kozy (?) Do you mean his legs, where they are straddling you, are red from the fabric holding his legs UP? (So marks would be... somewhere under the knee/very low thigh?) B/c if the marks are higher up on the leg/closer to the bum on the underside of the thigh, the kozy's seat should be pulled closer to babe's knees so his thigh & bum are supported by the seat, not just the bum. If the marks are on TOP of the legs-- try tying them under babe-- not on top of his legs. You may also want to post over @ thebabywearer.com -- LOTS of experts over there :)