PDA

View Full Version : What about Mamma's Milk Invisibly Adjustable Pouch or the Peekaboo Baby Fleece Pouch?

hudsonam
09-11-2004, 05:28 PM
I thought I'd made my decision on a carrier (KKAFP, in all probability) but I took a little break from carrier researching and now I see a few new styles. I want to order soon, as I'm entering my 3rd trimester. Can anyone tell me anything about these two pouches? Or what about the Mamma's Milk pouch that's not adjustable? Am I better off with the KKAFP? My only issue with that one is it won't be comfortable in the summer, if I am still babywearing (I have a bad back, so I don't know how long I'll last). I'm due in December. I'd love some insights or suggestions. TIA!

shindagrl
09-12-2004, 04:23 AM
I don't have either one, but everyone seems to LOVE the KKAFP's. If you have a bad back, you may want to switch to a wrap or asian carrier (using both shoulder's as support) when baby gets a little bigger, so it wouldn't matter if the fleece was hot in the summer. I have a Hotsling that I adore, but am getting ready to add the KK fleece pouch to my collection as well. Pouches are fabulous for quickie in's and out's, but not my first choice for a heavier baby.

HTH!

icunurse
09-12-2004, 07:41 PM
I was just facing the same dilemma this past week....I wanted a new, easier carrier (already have a mei tai), but which to choose?After a long time looking at the various carriers I ordered a Maya Adjustable Wrap....I easily get overheated, so I didn' think that fleece was a good choice for me. And I liked that the Maya adjust using zippers (I didn't really like the look of snaps). Finally, I thought that an adjustable would give me more options for a better fit than a single size pouch (and DH can use it, too, if he wants). Hopefully, I won't be disappointed.
Traci
~Connor's Mom~
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050204/1/0/1/-6/.png (http://lilypie.com)

megulis
09-14-2004, 02:27 AM
I like mine, but let us know!

heytootsy
09-14-2004, 04:29 PM
I have a Mamma's Milk non-adjustable and love it. It is really well made and very comfortable. I also have a KKAFP and also love it, but it does get pretty hot if it is warm out. I bet the Mamma's milk adjustable is your better choice if you are worried about the heat.