PDA

View Full Version : Ergo help

sunriseiz
09-13-2004, 01:47 PM
Ok, I took the plunge and got an Ergo after lot of debate. I am still having trouble getting dd on my back and 'settled' securely. The 'toss' seems to work best, but I still have trouble. DD keeps pushing off of me which doesn't help. I know I need to practice more, but I'd appreciate any suggestions you guys have!

TIA!
Sunny
Mom to Ellie 10/28/03

Niki_n_Abby
09-13-2004, 02:18 PM
When I first got mine, sitting down helped. My dd kind of fought me a bit(it was new ot her to, right?) so sitting down and having a place for her while I got her into it helped a lot. Once I got her into it the first time and walked around and showed her infront of a mirror, she loved it and would 'help' me get her in.

Now, I usually buckle the waist and pick Abby up onto my hip, then gently slide her onto my back(I'm bent WAY over at this point)grabbing her foot and bringing it around. She really is kind of sitting on my back at this point. I then raise the shoulder straps up and tighten.

The more she got used to it and like it, the easier it was to get her into it.

Good luck!
Niki

sunriseiz
09-14-2004, 09:41 AM
Niki,

Thanks for the encouragement. I haven't tried sitting down with her, so that's something to try. DD didn't like the BB at first either, so as you said I think once she gets used to it, she'll like it more. I just need to keep trying! :)

Thanks!
Sunny