PDA

View Full Version : Carrier suggestion for clueless soon to be mom

baby
09-20-2004, 11:13 AM
I am so confused with all the choices? What do you all recommend for a newborn. I happen to be very bad at figuring out how to tie things. I want something simple and easy to learn how to wear. I originally thought I was for sure getting a baby bjorn but then I heard about slings and wraps. so what do u all suggest?

cooper
09-20-2004, 01:49 PM
How about a pair of Mamababies or a rev. jan sling. My personal fave is a sachi carrier and there is a co-op right now! Good luck

quikeye
09-20-2004, 02:18 PM
Congrats on your upcoming arrival!

Many moms have tried the bjorn but don't like it after babe gets bigger (I haven't tried one myself). But I do see a lot of new parents around here w/ them, so maybe they're not that bad. (But, for what they cost you could buy a pouch or 2, or a sling or 2)!

Here's a recent post of mine talking about pouches & slings for newborns-- it also has a link to another post (of mine) that has links to a lot of carriers & talks about how to choose one). Sorry they're all *my* old posts-- you can also do a search here in this forum for "newborn" & I bet you'd find a lot more.

Good luck! :)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=62&topic_id=5607&mesg_id=5617&page=