PDA

View Full Version : When will the Baby Bjorn Active be back in stores?

ShaniB123
09-20-2004, 02:13 PM
I know the Baby Bjorn Active was recalled in late August. I emailed the company at that time to ask when the improved/repaired Baby Bjorn Active would be in stores, and they told me 4-6 weeks. Does anyone have any further information on this?

First due in CA in October

Rikkele
10-01-2004, 11:51 PM
There are people/stores on ebay already auctioning the new and improved models so I assume the B&M stores should already have them also.

ShaniB123
10-02-2004, 01:54 PM
I wrote to Baby Bjorn in September to ask when the improved Baby Bjorn Active would be on the market, and they said early October. I was in a store in LA on September 30th, and they had the Active on their shelves- I asked whether it was the one that had been recalled, and they said they threw out all the recalled ones, and that this was a brand new one. However, the Babies R Us website still does not have it, and the Baby Bjorn website does not indicate that the new one is on the market yet, so I don't really know if the new improved one is available yet. I'd be wary of buying one from Ebay at this point.

Rikkele
10-02-2004, 05:08 PM
ITA! I emailed the seller notifying them of the recall and they sent back a nasty email saying they were well aware of the recall and the one for sale is the new repaired model. I think the new models actually are available but maybe not all retailers have them. Either way, I wouldn't buy from that guy!

ShaniB123
10-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Which seller sent you a nasty email? I emailed a bunch of sellers on ebay who are selling the BBA and asked them about the recall- most of those who responded were unaware of the recall. I think if anyone of them know about the recall and do not post the info in their item descriptions, that's really unethical.

dmlbonjour
10-02-2004, 07:20 PM
I don't know when the new one will be back in the stores, but I just got from Baby Bjorn my new shoulder straps with the new buckle. (They did this amazingly fast in my book - only took a week and I live in France!). Anyway, it is really easy to tell by looking whether or not it is the new model. (Hopefully, e-bay sellers are posting pics of the back as well, if not, I would be extremely wary). The old one when you look at it just has the buckle in the back. The new one has the buckle (which I believe has been reinforced) as well as sort of safety leash thing that runs through the center of the buckle and loops around the two shoulder straps. I think there might be pics now of the difference on the BB site.

HTH!

-Michelle

Rikkele
10-02-2004, 10:13 PM
Seller "latreasures" sent that email. Their ebay ad does give the model # but it is hard to know if it is the new one since the recall only gives a partial model number. I think the old ones start with 1-260 versus 1-261 for the new ones, or something like that. But the ad does NOT mention the recall or state that this is not a recalled BB but a "new and improved" model. I guess on ebay there is a warning about recalls for children's products but it is really "buyer beware." It is also difficult because the sellers never post an actual picture of the item for sale, just an advertisement picture or a pic off the box. And they never show you a picture of the back of the item. Good thing you are a smart consumer!!! Good luck in your search. :)