PDA

View Full Version : Shower sling?

writeleigh
09-21-2004, 06:16 PM
Hi. I am contemplating purchasing a "water sling" so I can take DS in the shower with me. He can't stand when I shower, so I never get more than a 7 minute shower in LOL. I use slings . . . OTSBH when he was newborn, and Walking Rock Farms Hip Baby periodically now that he's older.

Which sling(s) do you like best for use in water/the shower?

Liam is 11 months . . . Do any of you shower with your DD/DS? Does it actually work well? I'm concerned that he will be too distracted or scared and I still won't get a shower in :) I don't want to let him just sit in the tub part of the shower because of safety reasons - he's very mobile and I'm afraid of him slipping.

lizamann
09-21-2004, 08:24 PM
I used to shower with a solarveil ring sling, which worked very well, except that I didn't like getting all that fabric wet all the time. It's not really a problem, just a mental problem I had LOL! The solarveil is more versatile than mesh since you can wear it for it's sunblocking properties. Hotslings makes a solarveil pouch, but you would have to make sure it fit perfectly.

That said, I never use the sling in the shower any more. DD and I bathe in the tub together, including washing and rinsing hair, and then I hold her in the shower very briefly while we rinse off super quick.

Now have you seen the towel pouches by GypsyMama? You need one of those for when you get out! (I don't have one...)

http://www.metrocast.net/~hayes/pouches.htm

There are slings for everything these days, it seems!

writeleigh
09-21-2004, 09:31 PM
Neat! I hadn't seen that yet - interesting idea!

cooper
09-21-2004, 10:25 PM
I havee an etc. water mesh and i have tried it in the shower and pool and they are very handy. DS tolerated both water activities better because of it! I just got the GM towel pouch on Monday and DS and I love it. It makes bath time simpler! HTH

writeleigh
09-22-2004, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the help. I'm off to purchase a water sling. I think I'll introduce Liam to it slowly and make it like a fun game so he gets used to the idea of being in the shower with me.

Momof3Labs
09-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Colin loooooves taking showers with us! He's been taking them since he was about 9 months old, and back then would crawl around on the bottom while DH showered off quickly, then DH would wash him down (holding him in his arms). Now he takes showers almost every night - I just undress and go in there with him. He's only slipped 1-2 times on the floor, surprisingly. And he loves the shower spray on his head and face!

Solarveil would work, and Taylor Made Treasures makes a water mesh sling.

writeleigh
10-02-2004, 12:17 PM
Well, I've been a bit MIA because my computer is broken. But I'm sneaking on with DH's comuter :D ANyway, just wanted to update- got my Solarveil sling and Liam absolutely loves using it in the shower with me. He likes showering with me even better than taking a bath. Thanks for all the input- definitely a good investment for us.