PDA

View Full Version : New to the wonderful world of carriers, need suggestions please.

MichelleRC
09-23-2004, 09:44 PM
Hi all, I am looking for a carrier for my 4 week old DS. I am thinking I would prefer a pouch style rather than the ring sling. I am 4'11", pretty small frame and live in South Florida, but I would probably use it indoors most of the time. I have a Baby Bjorn from DS#1, which he is happy in, but it kills my back.
TIA for any suggestions!

Lynnie
09-23-2004, 10:08 PM
i live in south florida too, and have two mom n me pouches. you are welcome to try one, and if you like it, try to find one on a swap board (or even borrow mine for a few months). they are fleece, but i wore my son in it all the time at home and in the grocery store, etc. and he was fine. and he was born in april, so it was really hot when he was in it, but he was still ok. especially when he was that young, i found it much easier to use. one of my pouches is actually a small/extra small which is a bit teeny for me, so it should be perfect for you.

i also have a couple of ring slings, and am about to get another, so you are welcome to try one of those too. i have a zolo (two actually, but i am selling one), a solarveil by rev jan, and i really want one from the oopa baby coop - and the seller/designer/seamstress actually lives in the grove.

anyway, email me if you would like to take me up on the offer. i live on the beach.

lynn

MichelleRC
09-24-2004, 06:45 PM
Wow, thank so much for the nice offer! I live in West Palm and get to Miami, well, never.
I read some old posts and decided to order a pouch from Kangaroo Korner. Can't wait to get it.
Now I am off to prepare for yet another hurricane.
Thanks again!!!

Java
09-28-2004, 01:54 AM
I'm 5'2", 100 pounds. I love the Hotsling (www.hotsling.com). Easy in, easy out. I've not used it to carry young infants though, but as far as using it with older babies in the hip carry, it ROCKS!