PDA

View Full Version : Can someone compare a HugABub and a Kozy?

Rhonda36
09-28-2004, 04:52 PM
I'm in shopping mode, and I'm wondering about differences between these two. I'm really interested in being about to BF hands free (after practicing, of course).

Thanks!

cooper
09-29-2004, 03:23 PM
I don't think the HAB is the same as the Kozy at all-- first the HAB is a wrap that is good for front carries only and not recommended for back carries-- as for the Kozy that is a different kind of carrier used for many different carries. AS for bf in each carrier, I suppose with lots of practice it is possible but I think that can be said for a carrier. I have yet to be hands free in any carrier except for the Kari-me wrap. But I can only do that because of the lycra material. HTH Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Ooohh one more thing-- it depends on the age of the baby--- It might be easier in the HAB wrap bacause they give you a great video that includes bf in the carrier with your order that really is a lifesaver.

lizamann
09-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Yeah, as Cooper says, they are completely different. The Kozy is a mei tai style, which is basically a canvas rectangle with straps coming out of the corners. The HaB is a wrap, as mentioned above - a 17 foot long piece of jersey fabric that you tie around you and baby.

As far as nursing hands-free, that is a trick in any sling. I have done it a lot in both, but I don't think I was able to until DD was old enough to nurse sitting up, stick her head in there and do a lot of the work herself, like latching on and supporting the boob. I know I nursed hands-free at 7 weeks in a ring sling while hemming a skirt, but that was kind of a fluke.