PDA

View Full Version : got my kiwi oopa:) and LOVE it

ismommy
10-04-2004, 04:43 PM
And it is gorgeous. The green isnt quite as bright as I thought it was going to be - the silk charmeuse is sooo silky - I can see a baby loving to play with this. I kept rubbing it between my hands. I can't try it with Bella due to my early contractions. So no using it until January. I keep looking at it and the red one trying to decide which I like better and I truly can't. The red is very simple and elegant and the kiwi is just gorgeous. When my DH saw it he asked why I would ever want another sling. It truly is beautiful. It is cut on a bias so with no baby in it I can swing it over my shoulder like a shawl. I don't have any other slings to compare it too but am hoping to get my Rev. Jan one soon. I also ordered a zolo adjustable pouch this morning since she had some on clearance for 35 and I found a free shipping code.
I officially have to stay out of this forum now since I have a kozy, 2 oopas, a rev. jan and zolo on the way. I am soo tempted by the chic papoose and one of the sachie meitais.
Anyway I LOVE the kiwi and have to say Amy is just great to work with - she is very sweet and just starting out. She will have her new fall line up soon and said she would be willing to do another co-op later if people are interested.
ETA I took pix of DH carrying Bella in it just cuz I want to show it off but I have to figure out how to upload them. Also since I keep looking at them I have to say the kiwi is my favorite. It is just so gorgeous - it reminds me of wearable art. I think the only problem with oopababy slings is that they can be addictive since she has so many different looks. Even having two I keep thinking of the brown shantung.
Please let me know if you have any questions about the oopa slings. I will do my best to asnwer though I am a sling newbie. In fact really hoping I like ring slings when X arrives
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

quikeye
10-04-2004, 09:26 PM
Ooh, I'm jealous :) I didn't think about it, but babies would *looove* to play with that extra piece of fabric as well as the lining/entire reach of fabric. Congrats on your new sling, and can't wait for babe to arrive so you can post pics with your new one riding high :)

hudsonam
10-05-2004, 12:01 AM
>And it is gorgeous. The green isnt quite as bright as I
>thought it was going to be - the silk charmeuse is sooo silky
>- I can see a baby loving to play with this. I kept rubbing it
>between my hands. I can't try it with Bella due to my early
>contractions. So no using it until January. I keep looking at
>it and the red one trying to decide which I like better and I
>truly can't. The red is very simple and elegant and the kiwi
>is just gorgeous. When my DH saw it he asked why I would ever
>want another sling. It truly is beautiful. It is cut on a bias
>so with no baby in it I can swing it over my shoulder like a
>shawl. I don't have any other slings to compare it too but am
>hoping to get my Rev. Jan one soon. I also ordered a zolo
>adjustable pouch this morning since she had some on clearance
>for 35 and I found a free shipping code.
>I officially have to stay out of this forum now since I have
>a kozy, 2 oopas, a rev. jan and zolo on the way. I am soo
>tempted by the chic papoose and one of the sachie meitais.
>Anyway I LOVE the kiwi and have to say Amy is just great to
>work with - she is very sweet and just starting out. She will
>have her new fall line up soon and said she would be willing
>to do another co-op later if people are interested.
>ETA I took pix of DH carrying Bella in it just cuz I want to
>show it off but I have to figure out how to upload them. Also
>since I keep looking at them I have to say the kiwi is my
>favorite. It is just so gorgeous - it reminds me of wearable
>art. I think the only problem with oopababy slings is that
>they can be addictive since she has so many different looks.
>Even having two I keep thinking of the brown shantung.
>Please let me know if you have any questions about the oopa
>slings. I will do my best to asnwer though I am a sling
>newbie. In fact really hoping I like ring slings when X
>arrives
>Helene
>mommy to Isabella
>baby x EDD 1/11/05

Would you mind sharing the free shipping code for Zolowear? I was thinking about ordering one of her clearance pouches too. (And I'm jealous that you have an Oopababy! They're gorgeous! :-))

ismommy
10-05-2004, 07:19 AM
The code is MDC. I was on the fence on getting the pouch since I havent heard much about it but when she dropped the price to 35 I couldnt resist. I dont know how much I will wear my other slings since the oopa is so gorgeous.
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

hudsonam
10-05-2004, 09:56 AM
Thank you so much! I'm hesitant too, for the same reason, but I do love the style of her slings. They are very much "me." Maybe I'll ask for an Oopa for Christmas *next* year. This year, I'm getting a son. ;-)

ismommy
10-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Well maybe you should get an oopa to celebrate your son. I actually plan on taking mine to the hospital. When are you due and WELCOME to the boards!
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

hudsonam
10-05-2004, 11:26 AM
Thanks! I'm due December 17th. Unfortunately, money will be really tight around that time, so no Oopas for me. Plus, I need to ease hubby into this baby wearing and not scare him off with the cost. ;-) I'll start off with $35, and then work my way up. LOL.