PDA

View Full Version : Buying the right size sling? When to buy?

SashaBear
10-06-2004, 02:29 PM
I've read a lot of posts and reviews about people buying the wrong size sling. How can I be sure I get the right size?

Also when should I buy my sling? I'm 15 weeks PG right now so I'm still close to being my normal size. But I tried on a sling and it seemed difficult to imagine how the baby goes in. So buy now or after baby is born?

Thanks

Momof3Labs
10-06-2004, 03:22 PM
What kind of sling do you want to buy? Nonadjustable pouches are the hardest to fit since you can't adjust them. Ring slings are the easiest since they are infinitely adjustable.

Keep in mind that you don't know your post-pg size yet, particularly your bra size if you plan to nurse.

tarahsolazy
10-06-2004, 03:22 PM
This depends on the type of sling. Ring Slings, which are very adjustable, are more forgiving as to sizing. If you get one too big, you just have a bit of extra fabric. Pouch slings are sized, usually, and that can get trickier. Most manufacturers have instructions on measuring, and since most are moms themselves, they are generally very helpful as to sizing. And at 15weeks, you are likely at a great time to measure!

Ring Slings:
Maya Wrap Sling (all over the internet)
Zolowear slings. www.zolowear.com very popular, beautiful. and well made.

Pouches:
Zolowear pouch (there are a few on clearance, run and buy one, lol!)
hotslings www.hotslings.com wonderful Mama to work with, simple, elegant slings, work great, and affordable, as well.

Those are my faves, I'm sure others will weigh in!

JacksMommy
10-06-2004, 04:38 PM
Another good option is an adjustable pouch. I have the KKAFP and find that it has a wide weight range that it can be used at. Since I'm in the middle of weight range and used it on it's smallest setting for #1 once I got smaller, I'm assuming it will be fine for me with #2, even if I gain the 50lbs it looks like I'm going to (again). I don't see any problem with buying a sling now, but would defintiely recommend going for something adjustable, either a ring sling or adjustable pouch (which I personally prefer). AFter all, you won't be your pre-pregnancy size right after having the baby, either!

Laurel
Working Mama to Jack, 6/4/02
EDD #2 12/24/02