PDA

View Full Version : Got my Mei Hip Carrier!

Java
10-07-2004, 02:21 PM
I just got it in yesterday and it is quite comfy! Very well made, the fabric is super soft and not bulky at all.

It took me a little bit to figure it out but once I got it right, Kael was riding so easy on my hip. The shoulder strap is nice and wide, making the weight distribution nice and even across my back. No neck or shoulder pain at all!

The tricky part is threading the strap through the rings. You have to make sure the strap is flat and spread across your back then string that through (not an easy feat at first because it's wide). And, you're threading it upside down. That threw me for a loop. The rings make a nice clinky sound so of course Kael was all over them, making it difficult to thread and tighten. Luckily Kael is used to slinging so he wasn't too too squirmy. Even when he was turned around being nosy, I simply tightened the strap and he was nice and secure.

I'll post a picture tonight.

Final vote: 2 thumbs up. Definitely a great carrier for those who like to hip carry your bigger babies. More secure than a pouch but less effort than a Mei Tei/Kozy to put on.

jayhjay
10-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Do you feel that it is easier to carry your baby in the Mei Hip than in a pouch? I have an 11 month DD who only wants to be hip carried. I know mostly use a pouch just for convenience (quick and easy). But she is getting heavy this way and it tends to hurt my lower back/side as I lean to compensate for the weight. I am wondering if this carrier would allow me to carry her longer, or if it won't make too much difference since I not really having neck/shoulder pain. Any thoughts? P.S. I'd love to see pictures when you get them up.

Momof3Labs
10-08-2004, 10:13 AM
If you are leaning when you are wearing her in a hip carry, then your sling is too big or you are wearing her too low. Try tightening the sling so that she is higher up and tigher in to you.

jayhjay
10-08-2004, 10:56 AM
Yes I was thinking about that. I haven't washed my MnM pouch in a while and it is probably stretched out a bit. So that definitely may help. JJ

heidi_timms
10-08-2004, 04:06 PM
I can't wait to see pics!!!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

saschalicks
10-08-2004, 06:52 PM
can you post the website?

heidi_timms
10-08-2004, 07:47 PM
It's: