PDA

View Full Version : Those of you who own the Zolowear sling

hudsonam
10-07-2004, 05:22 PM
What size do you own, and what are your measurements (height/build)? If your tail is short, where does it come down to? Same with it being long. How long are we talking? Mid-thigh? Waist? I think I could probably go small or medium, but I'm not sure what I'll prefer as far as length. I am 5'6", and pre-pregnancy, I was about 128 lbs. I normally wear a 34D, but currently wear around a 38D-40C, depending on the brand. Oh, and I'd like my husband to be able to use it too. He's 5'10' and only around 165 lbs. TIA!

Momof3Labs
10-07-2004, 07:33 PM
If it is just for you, you'd probably be fine with a small. I am 5'4" and measure out to a medium, but the tail was too long for my taste. The small tail still hits well below my waist, but I like it better. For your DH, though, you probably need a medium.

smiliedds
10-07-2004, 08:00 PM
I am 5'4" (120lb) and own a medium size zolo sling. The tail is a bit long on me. It goes to around mid-thigh. I am sure that a small one would fit me better, but I got the medium because I wanted it to fit my DH (5'8") too. The tail being longer really doesn't bother me at all. Unfortunately, my DH thinks the sling (black silk) is a bit too girly for him to use!

Rebecca

hudsonam
10-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Lori, I was hoping you'd respond because I knew you had one. ;-) Thanks so much!

hudsonam
10-07-2004, 08:01 PM
Sounds like a medium would definitely be the way for me to go. Thanks!

bethwl
10-08-2004, 11:58 PM
If he doesn't mind the tail being short on him, he may be able to get away with a small. I'd email Darien and ask her opinion. I only say that because I am almost the same size as your husband and my medium is plenty big on me. I am just under 5'9" and the tail comes down to the point where your jeans crease. The tail could definitely be a few inches shorter and function fine.

new_mommy25
10-09-2004, 04:58 AM
I'm 5'6 too. From your descripton it sounds as though we are just about the same size in height and weight. I have a small. The tail goes just a bit lower than my waist. I really like it and specifically ordered a small because I wanted the shorter tail. However, if you are planning to use the tail to cover up your baby while breastfeeding or sleeping, or to tuck into your waist to cover your tummy, than a medium is better. I have another sling where the tail comes down longer and I liked it a lot in the beginning because it really helped cover things up.

HTH!

justlearning
10-09-2004, 05:16 PM
I may be selling a brand new Zolo soon. Email me through the boards (click on the icon on the top) if you're interested.

essnce629
10-11-2004, 06:20 AM
I'm 5'7, 120 pounds, size A chest :( and I have a small cotton zolo. It fits me fine and the tail is not too long or short. I've also had my friend wear it who is about 5'5 and 140 pounds and it fit her fine too. I am still breastfeeding and the sling fit me fine even in the very beginning after my milk first came in and I was a 36E! I think a small would work best for you. I've used mine since my ds was 1 day old. And oh yeah, a small would probably work fine with you dh as well. My boyfriend is the exact same size as your dh and I've had him try it on and it fit him perfect as well-- just the tail would be shorter which isn't a problem since your dh won't be breastfeeding!

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif One year and counting!
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9870.gif