PDA

View Full Version : Getting sentimantal about my Zolo

new_mommy25
10-08-2004, 08:10 PM
I know it's so silly. But today I was holding it and looking at it and loving it so much. I posted it for sale because I really want a new pink pouch from Zolo. The truth is, I hardly ever use the sling anymore because DS really isn't into babywearing these days. I want a pouch for quick trips and I love the look of the Zolo. I sold my KKAFP (got sentimatal about that too) because it was too hot and I sold my Maya pouch because the zippers dug into my back. When I posted it for sale I was surprised to get a response almost immediatly from TWO people who wanted to buy it! So now I must say goodbye. I guess I was sad because even though I don't use it I have such good memories with DS in it and I wanted to use it for future children. But as a friend pointed out, by the time I have more kids there will be newer and better slings availiable. And if there's not I can always buy another Zolo sling. Does anyone else feel sad to see stuff go? I am the same way with cloth diapers. I had one custom made for DS but it just didn't fit his body type. I eventually sold it but still think about it with a twinge of regret every now and again. Sigh, I guess I am just rambling at this point :)

tarahsolazy
10-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Yep, same here!

Especially diapers and covers! I packed some off the other day, and just pet them a little...
Forrest is outgrowing his 5 custom Valor Kids dipes, which I love, I worked so hard picking out the perfect prints, LOL! Those are getting lovingly packed away for future kids, I am even sentimentally thinking of taking pics of him in each one, before they are completely too small! (I know you'll understand, Angie)

I haven't sold any carriers that I like, even though I have too many and don't need them all. Sell my Mom n me pouch? When it was our FIRST sling? no way! etc... Well, at least the MnM will be coming back into use, with the cool weather. (I am selling my hotsling to a friend that really can use it, and I don't feel bad about that one, I wish she'd let me give it to her!)

new_mommy25
10-09-2004, 05:16 AM
Lol, I know what you mean. When DS was a wee babe he lived in the KKAFP. I probably wore it 12 hours a day. I didn't want to see it go but when we decided to move to Hawaii I knew I had to do something. I actually traded it for a Maya pouch but didn't care for it too much.

BTW, I love the VeryBaby diaper cover you sent me. It fits great and the print is cute. Thanks!

ps. I have several shutterfly albums dedicated to diaper photos :D