PDA

View Full Version : Love my sachi mei tai!

hellokitty
10-11-2004, 10:24 PM
I just wanted to let any of you who are undecided about ordering a sachi mei tai know that I LOOOOVE my sachi! Lisa was a doll to work with, very quick with emails and always willing to answer my questions. I got the last of the eggplant floral print with natural colored straps, it is gorgeous, very professionally sewn and I love to touch the fabric, it's so soft. Joshua loves it too, I still need help to get him into the back carry, but I can do the hip and front carry by myself w/o any problems. AND, I am proud to say, my DH actually asked me out of the blue to try out my sachi today with joshua! I helped him get acquainted with it (he tried the front carry), and joshua practically fell asleep in it with DH wearing it.

Anyway, just wanted to put a good word in for lisa. I like my sachi so much, I no longer yearn for a kozy, lol.

smiliedds
10-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Do you mind taking some pictures of your carrier? I know I can see the fabirc through Lisa's website but I like to see it through a different camera before I make my choice. Did you order cord or canvas straps? Thanks

Rebecca

hellokitty
10-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Actually, the one I got is the same exact one as the eggplant floral on lisa's site. I got the natural canvas straps. The cord looks nice, but I think it's too, "wintery" so then I wouldn't want to use it in the summer. I'll try to post pics later. :)

shp
10-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Hi,

I've been thinking about ordering a sachi mei tai carrier. I am just wondering if it's easy to put on and comfy to wear! I have a Baby Bjorn, but it puts too much pressure on my back. DD is 6.5 months old. However, she's beening growing off the chart since she was born. I am concerned if the Mei Tai carrier is good for a big baby and what the weight limit is on this kind of carrier. If you can provide more info, that would be great!! TIA!! ;)

Shu-Hua
Mom to Jacqueline, 3/20/04

shp
10-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Sorry for double posts. Just deleted the post.

hellokitty
10-12-2004, 04:12 PM
The mei tai's are supposed to have quite a high wt limit, a lot of moms of toddlers use it. As for ease of use, I will not lie, it takes practice. I am still practicing, but that's b/c I haven't been really diligent about it either. Most slings req a little bit of a learning curve. It also depends on your needs. Do you have a clingy baby that wants to be held everywhere? Or do you just need a sling/carrier so you can pop baby in and out of it for quick errands. If it's for errands, I would suggest a pouch style, I have a hotsling and love it, it is user friendly AND very compact, so fits into my diaperbag very easily. www.hotslings.com

If you are interested in the sachi and have questions about it, feel free to contact lisa, her site is: www.sachicarriers.com If you have more questions about instructions for using a mei tai, I like the kozy website's instructions... www.kozycarrier.com

shp
10-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Thanks a lot for answering my questions. I mainly want to have a carrier that would make my hands free when I am holding/carrying my DD. Does a pouch style carrier allow me to do that?

I actually just emailed Lisa with some questions. However, I'd also like to get some more feedbacks from the users if possible. It looks to me that Kozy had WIDER and LONGER Straps than Sachi Mei Tai. What do you think? Do you think the Mei Tai is comfortable enough to wear? Any further info would be highly appreciated. TIA. ;)

Shu-Hua
Mom to Jacqueline, 3/20/04

hellokitty
10-13-2004, 05:38 PM
I usually put joshua in the hip carry in my pouch, but you can push the baby towards your back out of your arms way if you want. Have you thought about an ergo or sutemi? About your questions regarding a kozy vs sachi mei tai. I have never tried a kozy before, so I cannot compare them, except to say that many women who have kozys adore them. The mei tai style is comfy to wear, some ppl have mentioned though that it's not very comfortable for when the baby falls asleep, b/c of lack of head support. So far joshua has not fallen asleep in the back carry, but I can see why ppl would comment about it. The mei tai does take some practice to get used to, b/c the straps are very long. If you want something more with buckles/straps, check out the sutemi and ergo. You can also search the archives here on this forum, there have been a lot of mei tai discussions, and maybe some of those will help answer some of your questions too.

soexcited
10-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Those sachi meis are gorgeous! I've never seen anything like them in the stores. Does it take a long time to untie them? Ispecifically thinking of very short errands, wondering if it would be worth it to get the baby in for a few minutes knowing that I would have to take them out right away.

-Lisa

hellokitty
10-14-2004, 07:21 PM
To be honest, I think sling pouches are the best for short errands. The straps are kind of long, so I think it would be a pain to do them up and down a lot for short errands. I imagine the mei tai more for wearing the baby around the house, or if you are going to the mall, and going to be there for a while and baby wants to be worn, or going for a walk, etc..

dramamama04
10-17-2004, 03:08 PM
I LOVE my sachi mei-tai! The shipping was so fast after I ordered it. I have the royal blue silk with black canvas straps. DS likes it and it is so beautiful!