PDA

View Full Version : Didymos?

ecstaticabout1st
10-16-2004, 03:07 AM
Hello all! I'm new to baby wearing - I don't even have my baby yet, but already I'm excited about wearing my baby. I'm not due until January, but I think that I've finally decided that I would like to get a Didymos wrap. For those of you that have a Didy, do you like them? Also, which color/patterns did you get? It's great that they have so many choices to choose from, but I'm having trouble deciding which one I like the best. Do you generally think it's better to go for something somewhat more neutral? Or do you go for whatever colors you like and hope it doesn't clash too much with your wardrobe? I hope some of you can help me out because I'm being so indecisive about what to get. Thanks in advance! =)

lizamann
10-18-2004, 02:03 PM
I think I saw your post on another group. If you're like me, you'll need wraps in all different colors! My first wrap was a rainbow Girasol, but I complained to dh that I screwed up and should have gotten something more neutral. He actually researched and bought me a natural/brown indio Didymos as a surprise! What a great DH! That's my only Didy, but I have since acquired a lot of other wraps in both brights and neutrals. I love them all - well, the rainbow Girasol is actually my least favorite, but I have other bright ones that I love.

I say treat it like a clothing accessory - if you would get a funky bag or shoes to jazz up your wardrobe, go that route. If you would choose a neutral to blend in and be versatile, then do that instead. But in all likelihood if you become a wrap afficionado, you will want more than one.

Another thing that could help is to just look at as many wrap pictures as possible to get a feel for if you like the brights or neutrals. The yahoo babywearing group has great pictures, as does the didymos site (in German) itself. http://didymos.de (go to meinungen - fotoalbum to see a lot of pics.)

Not to complicate things, but if you are going to choose a solid, I think the Storchenweige Leo solids are prettier than the Didymos Indio patterns. I like the weave better. It seems a little more polished. This is comparing 3 Storches (in red, blue, and natural Leo patterns - I know a few people with Storches here in Chicago!) to one natural/brown Indio Didymos. The Didy is gorgeous, but I prefer the look of the Storch.