PDA

View Full Version : Help a newbie pick a sling/carrier/pouch...

cbegbiewesterfield
10-19-2004, 05:42 PM
Hi all,

I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant (1/2 way done!) and starting to think of things to register for. These forums have been invaluable in helping me sort through all the choices.

I'm currently stuck on what kind of sling/carrier/pouch to ask for. I'm short (5'3") and not slim (160 lbs) and my chest size is a C/D. I'm looking for something easy to use with a newborn. I live in sunny Southern California so something lightweight or breathable would be good. What do you recommend?

Thank you so much in advance for your expert advice!

PS - Though I mention 'registering,' we are not limited to the typical retail stores. My husband is building our own registry website so anything available online is possible.

jecmama
10-19-2004, 10:06 PM
For someone unfamiliar with slings, I'd recommend a pouch or ringsling. Hotslings are good non-adjustable slings, and Kristen has a lot of different materials available. Or if you want adjustability, there's the KKACP. For a ring sling, just about anybody has lightweight material available. If you're hoping someone else will buy it for you, I'd register for a zolo :). I don't have one (yet), but from what I understand, the cotton slings are pretty lightweight. Just my 2 cents. HTH.