PDA

View Full Version : How well does a Kozy work for back carrying?

pixelprincess
10-23-2004, 02:46 AM
My name is up for the Kozy. DS is 15.5 months and I am wondering how suitable a Kozy is for back carrying? Currently, I use an Ergo that I am happy with. It seems a little hard to get the baby on the back with a Kozy, based on the pics.

Please help!

new_mommy25
10-23-2004, 03:14 AM
I think it is much easier to get a baby on your back with the Ergo. I also think the Ergo is more comfortable for back carry. I love my Kozy for front carry.

How was your trip? I've been meaning to email you and ask.

lizamann
10-23-2004, 10:41 AM
I find them pretty equal. The Kozy was the first successful solo back carrier I tried, and I'd tried previously with the Ergo.

I load the baby the same way for both carriers: put on the carrier so it's hanging down in back, then put the baby on my hip, slide her to my back, then pull the carrier up behind her. Easy peasy once you get the hang of it.

pixelprincess
10-23-2004, 05:01 PM
hi angie,

thanks. do you still front carry noah? rowan is almost 21 lbs, so a bit heavy for me. i was thinking the same thing, that the ergo seems easier.

our trip was super! went by so quickly!! Big Island is so laid back and relaxed...seemed like there wasn't as much traffic. The island fish is awesome... i am so envious that you get to eat it all the time.

i am sorry we missed seeing you!

pixelprincess
10-23-2004, 05:03 PM
thanks beth,

do you also hip carry with the kozy?

new_mommy25
10-23-2004, 08:54 PM
I'm so glad you had such a good time. I really wanted to go but it just wasn't meant to be :) I'm dying for a vaction though.

I carry DS on my chest all the time. In fact, the Kozy is the carrier that gets the most use around here. Noah is almost 21 lbs so pretty comparable to your DS. If you are wearing the Kozy nice and high it really doesn't feel like any weight at all.

For some reason DS doesn't really enjoy being on my back that much. I'm not sure what it is.

I occasionaly use the side carry but don't find it as comfortable.

tarahsolazy
10-23-2004, 11:37 PM
Forrest is about 24 or 25 pounds, at 7.5 months, and I love the Kozy for a front or back carry. I think front actually feels like less weight, it transfers to the hips better or something. We are moving, and the movers brought our stuff today, and I wore him in the Kozy for about 3 hours, half front, half back, and my back doesn't hurt at all. My legs get a little tired, though.