PDA

View Full Version : tummy to tummy in non-adjustable pouch

lines
10-26-2004, 02:42 PM
Hi,

Can you get a snug tummy to tummy hold with a non-adjustable pouch without it being too tight for other carries (ie. cradle)? I have a hotsling that I use with my 7 month old. I guess it could be smaller since I always do a shoulder flip, but I don't think its TOO big on me. But whenever I do tummy to tummy, the top rail especially has a lot of room and I need to hold her in with one arm so that she doesn't lean too far backwards. I already do a full shoulder flip to make the pouch more snug and it still does this... any ideas?

TIA!

shindagrl
10-27-2004, 05:00 AM
I don't know how it would work with a bigger baby, but with my three month old, I adjust how much fabric is in front and back of her (on the fold against the front of my body) depending on the position she's in. If I do the cradle carry, they're even, but if I'm doing T2T or kangaroo, I might have a little bit more fabric on the outside of the fold than against my body.

That probably sounds clear as mud........lets see.......if she's in the cradle carry, I'll have equal amounts of fabric on either side of her, and if she's T2T, there may be a few more inches up against her back than against her tummy.

Hope that makes sense and helps???????????!!!!!!!!

lines
10-27-2004, 12:58 PM
Can you actually get her in pretty snugly in the tummy-to-tummy? (Thats where the baby is vertically with his/her tummy kind of against yours, right?) Right now, I do a modified one which is kind of like the hip carry but in front. Her legs are straddled around my waist and but she is in front of me. And I can't really get the top rail tight. I can't imagine an even littler baby... I feel like they would fall out in tummy-to-tummy.