PDA

View Full Version : ergo and pouch?

lines
10-26-2004, 02:48 PM
I am debating on buying a KK fleece pouch for the winter and am wondering how much I'd use it since I already have an ergo which is very quick on/off (I use this most of the time) and a cotton hotsling for occasional use.

So should I buy the KK pouch?

TIA!

new_mommy25
10-26-2004, 11:15 PM
Yes!! Noah loved snuggling in the pouch on cold, windy days. Some of my best memories involve our KKAFP :)

lines
10-26-2004, 11:40 PM
How long did he fit in there? My dd is 7 1/2 months.

Momof3Labs
10-26-2004, 11:46 PM
My KKAFP is my favorite carrier right now for my 39" 31lb 2 year old!

lines
10-27-2004, 01:01 PM
How long were you able to have him in the cradle carry? I'm figuring that this is the most snuggly position for cold days but please correct me if I'm wrong! Also, if you have an ergo or something else that is pretty comfy and also quick on/off as well, when do you find yourself reaching for the KK fleece pouch instead?

lizamann
10-27-2004, 01:29 PM
I have an Ergo and a KKAFP and use both a lot. I use the Ergo for back carries and for when I will be wearing her a long time or for a long walk. I use the fleece pouch only for hip carries these days, for short walks of a couple blocks or so, or to events like the pumpkin farm this weekend, where I know she'll have the option of walking some of the time and needing to be held some of the time. I always prefer a hip carry to a front or back carry when we'll be somewhere like the zoo or a craft show, so I can have dd right there with me but not in my face. I feel like we're able to talk and share more than when she's on my back. But for serious transportation (long walks) I always use the Ergo or another 2-shouldered carrier.

Momof3Labs
10-27-2004, 03:49 PM
I can't imagine a 7.5 month old tolerating a cradle carry - most are too big for that, plus they wouldn't get to see the world. I started slinging Colin at about 6 months old, and we've primarily used a hip carry (some kangaroo carry time in our early weeks, and now playing around with the back and front carry with a different carrier).