PDA

View Full Version : 20% off on Mei Hip Carriers

Momof3Labs
10-28-2004, 07:30 PM
Down to $44, and some cute new fabrics! Too bad that I'm over my sling/carrier budget for the month - I'd give this one a try!

www.meihipcarrier.com

tarahsolazy
10-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Darn! After my impulse Girasol purchase last month, I'm gonna have to pass also!

ginamlee
10-28-2004, 11:32 PM
I haven't been wearing Autumn much for the past several months because none of my carriers work the way I want them to for a hip carry. So, I caved in and got one of these because of your post. I mean, 20% off AND I the black suede is perfect for my wardrobe! Thanks for posting! I'll give a review once it arrives.

shindagrl
10-29-2004, 04:16 AM
Eh, come on, Lori, just a few more days and it'll be a new month......;)

I, personally, cannot resist! (Big surprise)

ginamlee
11-14-2004, 08:50 PM
Okay girls, I got one of these Mei Hip Carriers in the black ultrasuede, and I am asbolutely IN LOVE with this carrier!

I'd say I'm a fairly picky sling person and don't like things with a learning curve. If I don't get it within a few minutes, I probably won't end up liking it.

I love my KKAFP. It is snuggly and so easy. It still is wonderful for hip carry if Autumn wants to cozy up and sleep. But, it's not great if Autumn wants her arms out, because then she just doesn't feel secure enough.

If you have a little one who is always on your hip AND wants their arms free, this is your carrier. I'm telling you, I just can't say enough about this thing. I wore Autumn for an hour today with absolutely no problem. I could have worn her for several more.

You can feel all of the weight on your hips. The part that goes over your shoulder seems like it is there to keep the carrier on, but I felt no weight on my shoulder or back. The rings kept me from ordering this carrier at first glance. But, they are no problem at all to use. And, because there is little to no weight on them, I have experienced zero slippage.

Truly, I can't say enough good things about this carrier.

Autumn didn't get worn much at all this past summer because my beloved KKAFP was too warm and the Hotsling just isn't stretchy enough for me for a pouch (although it was the only carrier I did use when I needed one over the summer months).

I WILL be getting another one in a lighter color for spring and summer.

I AM SO THRILLED!!!!!!

saschalicks
11-14-2004, 10:05 PM
This is fate that I came to the boards right now. I was coming here to you wonderful ladies an opinion on what color to get for the Mei Hip and here's the post for 20% off. Is it still good? It is unbelievable :P

I have a wonderful DS, but can I get the Olive suede w/flowers? Is it too much for a boy? My second choice is the black suede which pp says is wonderful. Is that less girlish, if you think the olive is too girly? I wanted one so badly now I'm getting one for sure,

Second question is the suede too stiff for pp who has it?

TIA

ginamlee
11-14-2004, 10:27 PM
I'm sure it isn't real suede. It is "ultrasuede". It is very soft and just as flexible as any other fabric.

I think the 20% sale is over, but it appears that she lowered her prices about 20% anyway!

saschalicks
11-15-2004, 12:40 AM
thanks for the clarification!

kelly ann
11-15-2004, 10:50 AM
Oh my goodness...I think it was a mistake to venture into the carrier board! I just recently cured myself of my diaper bag obsession, but now I think it will be replaced by slings!!!