PDA

View Full Version : Sling wearing while pregnant?

houseof3boys
10-28-2004, 11:19 PM
I've been thinking about slings lately and don't visit this section often enough I guess so I'm trying to get back into it. I haven't worn Ryan in some time since he is enamored with walking everywhere at 16 months. There have been a few occasions lately where he wants to be held and it's just too much for me to hold him for long at 7 months pregnant. Is there a sling that works better for pregnant gals? I have a MNM pouch, a rev Jan sling and a hotsling. I also have a baby trekker but I just don't feel the love for it.

I see that lots of you are raving about the Mei Tai slings but I am not a ring sling gal! If I didn't do well with my Zolo and can't seem to master the Rev Jan sling, is this Mei Tai for me?

TIA!

Momof3Labs
10-29-2004, 12:16 AM
Debbi, a Mei Tai is not a ring sling. It is actually tied on as a front or back carrier (or even hip carrier) - see www.kozycarrier.com. The catch is that there is a waist strap that you would probably run below your belly; not sure if it would be as effective though. Have you tried your Mom & Me pouch? I could see that working, though it might be too small now that you are so far along. Do you want to borrow my KKACP or KKAFP? Actually, I have a Mei Tai that I could lend you, too, if you want!

houseof3boys
10-29-2004, 09:26 AM
I love my MNM but it's been so hot down here still that I have yet to break it out with my belly. :)

In the picson http://www.meihipcarrier.com/index.html , I see a ring on the Mei Tai. When I look at kozycarrier, there is no ring. Hmmmm, is there more than one kind? I think I'll do more research on this since I am now baffled.

I might want to borrow your KKAFP too! I'll email you.

Momof3Labs
10-29-2004, 11:10 AM
Ah, the mei hip carrier is not a true mei tai. It is a mei tai/sling hybrid, which is why there are rings. A true mei tai has no rings (like on Kozy's site). I have a Kozy on the way and have a second mei tai that would be easy to lend you once the Kozy gets here.

alkagift
10-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Debbi,
I made my own from Jan's website and would be happy to let you borrow it since we only use it when hiking, to see if you like the style. I made it a bit long since Matt's tall but you could roll it up like Kelly shows on the kozykarrier website.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03