PDA

View Full Version : Any Ergo tips to help me like it more?

deborah_r
10-29-2004, 03:27 PM
Well, I bought it for DH, who never wears it :( But anyway, I tried to use it yesterday for a back carry while I walked my 50 pound crazy-pulling dog around the block. It was OK when I got it on, I guess, but it was hurting my armpits. And getting it on was like trying to get yourself into a straight-jacket (I can only imagine :) ) - I actually bruised my arm trying to pull the second strap up to my shoulder without dropping DS.

Any tips for me?

houseof3boys
10-29-2004, 07:49 PM
No idea since I don't have an Ergo, but I am ROTFLOL at your post. You crack me up Deb. I can just picture this hysterical scene with the dog and you getting a bruise trying to get Kai in there while tightening the strap.

:) :) :) :) :)

deborah_r
10-31-2004, 12:00 AM
I strive to entertain! :)

Well, I can answer myself somewhat, and I will as it might help someone who looks it up. I tried loosening it up a little and it was easier to get on and it was much more comfortable while wearing. I thought I would tighten it after I got him in, but then I didn't need to. I still can't see me using this on a shopping trip or anything, trying to get him in there while also not dropping him on the ground! But maybe I will get better at it...I suppose I could put him in the front carry when I'm out doing those errands, but I would just as soon use my m-n-m and do a hip carry in taht situation.

I daresay I almost liked it today! I was worried about loosening because with a my pouch sling, loosening always means a sore back, but the Ergo is such a different kind of carrier.