PDA

View Full Version : Best Carrier for little mommy w/ a big boy?

todzwife
11-02-2004, 12:07 AM
I am only 5'2" and Dallin is already half my height :P He weighs 21 pounds. I need something comfy- probably 2 shouldered. Any suggestions?

new_mommy25
11-02-2004, 03:42 AM
Shandelle, I would go with either an ABC style (Kozy, Sachi), or an Ergo or Sutemi (if you want something more structured). I loooove my Kozy and use it 99.9% of the time. In fact, I sold all my other slings except for a pouch. Noah's almost 21 lbs. and I can wear him comfortably.

Momof3Labs
11-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Colin is 39" and 31lbs, and I am 5'4", so he's already well over half my height. I don't find the height to be a problem with carriers, though, it is more the weight and the nature of the toddler. I've been reasonably comfy in a mei tai (have a Kozy on order) and our KKAFP still works fine for us, but not for long periods. I have a wrap, too, but haven't tried it yet - it seems like it will be better for times when Colin will stay put for a while, whereas the mei tai is fairly easy to get him in and out of quickly.

vdrake71
11-02-2004, 02:01 PM
I have the baby trekker and love it. It is very comfy. The only thing is I don't know, with your height, if the carrier will be too much for you. I am 5'6" and my DH is 6'2" and it works great for us.

tarahsolazy
11-02-2004, 09:19 PM
I agree, Shandelle, that for two shoulder carriers, a Mei Tai would be nice. I am 5'1", and Forrest is over 25 pounds already, although only 28 in or so. I carry him a lot, and have tried almost every carrier out there. The Ergo didn't fit me well, I think because I'm short. The Sutemi fits fine, and is comfy, but is harder to get into for ME than a MT. I have a Kozy, and love it. Freehand and babyfairies pack-packs are pretty easily available and get good reviews. Check out the MDC babywearing forums for reviews. There are some adorable pack-packs on sale right now for $35! If you decide on a Sutemi, and want to buy mine for a good price, LMK, I'm trying to thin out the carrier stash, LOL! tarahsolazy @ yahoo.com I also use a pouch sling a fair bit. I have a wisewoman adjustable pouch, which actually has rings, its a hybrid. Its pretty comfy, even though its one shoulder. She's on MDC, too, or search ebay for wisewoman sling. HTH!

todzwife
11-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Thanks mamas! I am on the list for a Kozy...in the mean time, I might try my hand at making one.