PDA

View Full Version : Carrying infant in pouch PLUS toddler??

betsydenny
11-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Help! I have a 2 month old who I carry in my KKAFP which I adore. However my 21 month old just sprained her ankle and now I am carrying her too- up and down our third floor walk up! I have switched to the bjorn- which I hate, bc I can't figure out a way to hold my toddler and the stair rail with hte KKAFP on.
Any suggestions?

Momof3Labs
11-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Poor baby!! Can you try crossing two pouches, so your newborn is off to one side and your toddler is on your other hip? I think that www.babywearer.com has some info on wearing twins, which might help you.

JacksMommy
11-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Do you have a back carrier? That might work either for carrying your toddler on your back while slinging the baby. I have no experience with this but am ordering a Kozy in the hopes that should my toddler want to be carried, I can put him in that while carrying the baby up front (or vice versa, I suppose). If this is SO not going to happen, someone please let me know! :)

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
EDD baby girl 12/24/04

Slingin_Momma
11-04-2004, 08:45 AM
I have done this while caring for my son and my friend's son. My son (~19 lbs-1yr) in a mei tei on my back and her son (~16 lbs-5 months) in a pouch...it definately worked.

P.S. Jacksmommy...I thought...why does this woman have MY son's bday AND name on her post...then I realized yours said 6.4.02 my Jack's bday is 6.4.03!!!! :O

JacksMommy
11-04-2004, 12:10 PM
Well, it's a great name, and a great day! :)
Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
EDD baby girl 12/24/04

betsydenny
11-04-2004, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I have a Tough Traveler frame backpack but find with the KKAFP over my shoulder that nothing stays on that shoulder well. but perhaps a softer carrier would work.
Thankfully DD is starting to walk again and even manage some of the stairs.
Thanks for the help!
Betsy